🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » What are the top 5 reasons an experienced con...
Page options
ivanblogger
Community Member

What are the top 5 reasons an experienced contractor might not get interviewed for a long time!

Hello Everyone!

Hope everyone is doing well. 

I have been facing a strange challenge lately. 

Despite having a 5+ years expereince in transcription, lots of satsfied client feedback, well written and proven cover letter displaying all the necessary details, I am not being hired, not even interviewed for almost more than 2 months now. 

I am also a plus member though I know that does not guarantee work and sometimes, it happens! You might not get interviewed, might not get hired for no reason at all and I have made my peace with that fact. 

But what else can be the reason or reasons? I am trying to find out if I am doing something wrong. I have a complete profile with everything. I have good feedback as I have mentioned before. Everything worked before and showed I was on the right track. But despite everything, I am not even being interviewed once in the recent times!

I am kind of feeling lost here. Also I am looking to learn what might be cause for such situation. 

I am looking forward to hear what the community things about such sitations. Have any of you gone through similar situations? How did you recover? 

Thank you for your time. 

Have a great day! 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Being a Plus member has no impact on being hired.

Your category is overcrowded, the platform and job posts are flooded with everyone around the globe trying to work online because of Covid, and your JSS is on the low side.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Being a Plus member has no impact on being hired.

Your category is overcrowded, the platform and job posts are flooded with everyone around the globe trying to work online because of Covid, and your JSS is on the low side.

Thank you very much for your reply. 

I am aware of the fact that being a plus member does not guarantee work and I have mentioned that too on my post. 

Anyways, I do believe you have shared some very important points, Overcrowded Category, Low (88% JSS) and Impact of Covid. Thank you very much for the input, really appreciate your time. 

Let's see if anyone else adds some more important points. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths