🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » What counts as a feedback?
Page options
shazma-r
Community Member

What counts as a feedback?

Hi, i wanted to confirm does Upwork count the 5-star rating as a feedback for JSS or the "optional" comment as well? There is 2 clients who left a 5-star rating but didn't leave a comment on the profile. It would be too pushy to ask him to please add a comment 😕 I am only concern for my JSS

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

What Petra said is 100% true.  But even if the feedback text DID make a difference in the JSS calculation, wouldn't it be extremely unprofessional to go back to a client and ask them to leave text feedback?  They left you 5 stars - that's all you need.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Shazma R wrote:

Hi, i wanted to confirm does Upwork count the 5-star rating as a feedback for JSS or the "optional" comment as well? 

The comment is irrelevant. Whether is one or not does not matter. 

The stars don't mean much either.

The most important part is the private feedback

shazma-r
Community Member

Petra thanks for prompt responses however, is it possibe that i get opinion of some other community guru just for variation? 

What Petra said is 100% true.  But even if the feedback text DID make a difference in the JSS calculation, wouldn't it be extremely unprofessional to go back to a client and ask them to leave text feedback?  They left you 5 stars - that's all you need.

Thanks Jason

tlbp
Community Member

Jason B wrote:

Good point. People hire freelancers to lessen their workload not to add to it. Asking someone to edit their 5-star feedback to include a comment also gives them an opportunity to lower the star rating or add a comment about the freelancer wasting their time. Risky move with zero benefit. 

tlbp
Community Member

Comments don't matter. 🙄

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members