cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do I need to do to get paid on an account that's been suspended?

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Carmela S Member Since: Sep 13, 2011
1 of 4

I accepted an hourly job from a client that was "payment verified". I delivered the product, and a couple of days later, I get a message from Upwork that the job is suspended because the client's payment is unverified. I've always been careful about working only with "payment verified" clients. This is the first time this has ever happened to me. I used the Timetracker feature. Do I need to open a support ticket in order to get paid? How can I protect myself going forward? 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
2 of 4

This means that the cc payment failed on the client's side. The client has been informed of this. Good news is as long as you used the tracker with meaningful memos and high activity levels you will be covered. 

Avoiding this in the future: There's really no way except protect yourself using the tracker as per the payment guarantee policy. I mean, you have no idea whether a client's payment method is going to go through or not. 

Important thing is do not do any further work for this client until they straighten out their payment situation. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Carmela S Member Since: Sep 13, 2011
3 of 4

Thanks, Katrina! I just wish the message Upwork sent me had included a sentence like "You don't need to do anything if you used Time Tracker with memos." It would be nice if Upwork was more proactive in keeping better tabs on the clients' cc expiration dates. Like I said, this is my first time with this situation, and I freaked out a little. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 4

@Carmela S wrote:

It would be nice if Upwork was more proactive in keeping better tabs on the clients' cc expiration dates. Like I said, this is my first time with this situation, and I freaked out a little. Smiley Happy

This is NOTHING to do with expiry dates. Credit cards do not expire at the beginning of a month.

The client either failed to pay Upwork for something, or were suspended for a terms of service violation or have to verify something.

At any rate, the message you got explained that they are looking into it, that they will inform you when the issue is resolved etc.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS