Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do I need?

pandoraharper
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
21 of 30

@Krisztina U wrote:

JustYo, FishEye, Beanstalk and possibly Reamaze and IFTTT.

Never have I felt so old!

Alphabet Soup

pandoraharper
Community Guru
22 of 30

The funniest part of this thread is that it has generated 3 pages of replies.

Nichola, be honest, This was a SUBVERSIVE attempt to bring some humor back into the Freelancers forums. Right?

Edit: My sense of humor must be off, because I just re-read this entire thread and almost sprayed soda all over my big monitor.

I then went to my Upwork Message Center area, and clicked the Gear icon, and then the Gear Integration link. Maybe, this link weill work for you: https://www.upwork.com/messages/plugins

I don't recall EVER seeing this list before. Could this yet be another item added on the sly?

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
23 of 30

No, I promise you. I really, really want to know what all these weird things mean. But no explanation is given by Upwork (or at least a 'learn more' drop down).  The last thing I want to do is to download stuff which will crash my mind if not my computer.

Trivial Pursuit is certainly subversive. I might have to get an army and the 'bonnets rouges' onto this.

stephenbrightman
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
24 of 30

Are the Koream spammers back? Three pages of incomprehensible gobbledygook, except this time in the English language. I'm clinging on to the old message system. Is this something to do with the new one? Well, I'm not surprised if it is - if it can call a conversation a room, then anything goes, I suppose.

pandoraharper
Community Guru
25 of 30

@Stephen B wrote:

Are the Koream spammers back? Three pages of incomprehensible gobbledygook, except this time in the English language. I'm clinging on to the old message system. Is this something to do with the new one? Well, I'm not surprised if it is - if it can call a conversation a room, then anything goes, I suppose.

Yes, this thread IS about the new Message Center. However, that is likely hard to pinpoint because of Nichola's thread topic, which lead to some funny comments and back and forth.

And sorry Stephen, this thread is a few hours old, but when it was fresh, I doubt I was not the one giggling over the way it played out. Woman Tongue

For the edification of anyone else who falls down into the rabbit hole of this thread, here is a screenshot of part of the area Nichola was talking about.

Right click for larger view:

New-Message-Center-Plugins.jpg

susanned
Community Leader
Susanne D Member Since: Mar 15, 2015
26 of 30

Y'all just have me in tears - laughing. Good my tea had been finished before I started reading here.

But I agree - it makes one feel old, at least, unless I realised it comes from being a mere writer.

engineer-labs
Antonio A Member Since: Jul 15, 2015
27 of 30

Depends on where you will use it...

Cheers,
Antonio
colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
28 of 30

"Depends on where you will use it..."

I have several suggestions all of which would get me banned.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
29 of 30

Hi All,

We appreciate the conversation about the Message system plugins. To clarify, this is something that can be enabled by people who currently use those programs and it will be used by the messaging interface as well. If you don’t use the apps, we don’t recommend you enable them. In addition, the apps we have currently are mostly used by software engineers but we will be adding more in the future that other professionals may be more familiar with.

~ Valeria
Upwork
christian1220
Community Leader
Cristian F Member Since: Jun 21, 2015
30 of 30

Bitbucket, 

Custom Webhook

Github (In my day 'git' was pejorative)

Icinga

Jenkins

Jira

Nagios

PaperDuty

Pivotal Tracker

Stash

Subversion

These are tools / apps / toys - call them however you want - for different types of programmers.

I use only Bitbucket and Github and I think they are fantastic tools. Haven't ever used any of the others.

Personally, I think these integrations are nice to have features but I doubt I will ever use them from the Upwork message system. If some client will ever ask to do so, ok, why not Smiley Happy

If your work is not related to programming, just ignore them. 

* There are also many programmers who don't use this type of tools, which is perfectly fine. I mean, they are just tools. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS