🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » What do clients see first? Cover Letter or Qu...
Page options
gwanene
Community Member

What do clients see first? Cover Letter or Questions?

Just wondering what Upwork clients see first when reviewing bids. Do they see a snippet from the cover letter or from the questions? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sbilu131521
Community Member

Hi Grace,
To a client, the question comes first, and then comes the cover letter. So when there are questions, you should focus on them first 🙂

hope it helps!

Thanks

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
sbilu131521
Community Member

Hi Grace,
To a client, the question comes first, and then comes the cover letter. So when there are questions, you should focus on them first 🙂

hope it helps!

Thanks

Thank you!

Yes, the questions are listed first, then the cover letter after those.  Which is really a terrible layout considering ~85% of the jobs that clients post lack any real information that is necessary to answer the (more often than not) canned questions.  When posting a job, I write my own questions that are relevant to the job (ie: what software will you be using, how much experience do you have with *insert specific thing here*, and what is the most complex  *related project* you have worked on?). 

NikolaS

Hi Grace,

I am sorry for the late response. I would like to confirm that what Sagar shared is correct. When clients receive proposals, first they see the answers to the additional questions and then the message or proposal. Here is a screenshot as an example. 

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
7512e7f5
Community Member

Can clients see previous or past bids by a freelancer ? I belive  that they would see past work done and the price for the same but would they see bids that the freelancer did not win ?

or would they know how many bids a freelancer has made ?

Hi San,

Clients won't see the jobs that you have submitted a proposal to. Clients will see the answers to the additional questions first. Then they’ll see the cover letter next. If there are additional questions on the job post, the answers to the additional questions will be the first they see before the cover letter.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members