cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do i do with clients who don't pay?

Ma. Rosanna R Member Since: Sep 4, 2013
1 of 6
I want to know what i should do with a client who contracted me a fixed price to transcribe 6 hours of audio and who suddenly disappears when i submit my work. in time and with definitely very high quality. these are the kinds of clients that should be banned from odesk. they destroy the very meaning of trust. how come freelancers get all the tests and stuff but clients are just presumed to be honest? i know there is a clause that being in the fixed amount project, odesk is not responsible for such transactions... but how can i warn the others of this client?
Community Guru
Misty K Member Since: Feb 5, 2012
2 of 6
Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do. This is a common problem that is often posted on the boards. The only advice I can give you is what has been stated time and time again. You should have requested at least 50% upfront so that some of your time could have been covered. You can only report this client to Odesk and flag the client for non-payment now, but that is about it.
Ace Contributor
Pat P Member Since: Nov 26, 2013
3 of 6
I have one guy right now that I think is trying to skip out on payment. I keep telling myself if he does I'm going to trash him on his company's FB and Yelp page. But then I calm myself down.
Ace Contributor
Francisco F Member Since: Nov 13, 2010
4 of 6
Learn your lesson, take a deep breath, exhale slowly and move on.
Community Guru
Marissa S Member Since: Feb 6, 2008
5 of 6
Grab a needle, a voodoo doll and you get the picture Smiley Wink There are online sites where you can leave a warning about this person, unfortunately not on these forums.
Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
6 of 6
ahahah! This reply had me spewing out my drink! Great ideaa Smiley Tongue

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS