🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » What do u do when a client goes silent?
Page options
b9f088b8
Community Member

What do u do when a client goes silent?

I got a contract from a client, we discussed the details of the project, client deposited it to Upwork escrow. I needed some information from them to complete the work but for over two weeks now the client has disappeared What do I do?

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Oluwatosin O wrote:

I got a contract from a client, we discussed the details of the project, client deposited it to Upwork escrow. I needed some information from them to complete the work but for over two weeks now the client has disappeared What do I do?

In future, do not accept a contract until you have everything you need to complete at least the first milestone.

All you can do now is wait. If the client never appears again, close the contract after another 2 to 4 weeks.

b9f088b8
Community Member

Noted. Thanks for the reply. The client kept on changing the scope of work after we had agreed and the contract started. I should have paid attention to the red flags. 

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Oluwatosin,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members