cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What do you think about 20% service fee?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Michael S Member Since: Aug 29, 2017
51 of 57

Tiffany S wrote:
Show of hands: Who's up for hiring a cybersecurity expert who enters her personal information into a platform and starts engaging in financial transactions through that platform without reading the terms?

Could always find a job with FireEye. Their keynote speaker for a cybersecurity summit this fall is someone widely known for conducting official government business through a private server in their home, and thinks wiping a server means "like, with a cloth or something?", so I'm sure she'd be a step up.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Joan S Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
52 of 57

Emily - Hey, honey, wake up. Upwork is losing money.

Highlighted
Community Guru
53 of 57

Ramazan - Hey, I don't like paying 20% to Upwork of what I earn. But I would rather pay them 20% and they are still in business - than not having to pay anything to them if they go out of business.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
54 of 57

Joan S wrote:

Ramazan - Hey, I don't like paying 20% to Upwork of what I earn. But I would rather pay them 20% and they are still in business - than not having to pay anything to them if they go out of business.

If you do the math, you may actually end up liking it rather than just tolerating it. I did, and determined that even with the fee, the time Upwork saved me left me net positive by a significant percentage. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
55 of 57

Tiffany - Actually Upwork's fees are OK with me because I have gotten jobs on Upwork that I never would have gotten otherwise.

Highlighted
Adam B Member Since: Oct 21, 2019
56 of 57

I think 20% is too high for bringing my own clients to the platform and the process of bringing on clietns is kind of a broken mess.
The progressively reduced fee is a nice thought, although, I have yet to find a client through upwork who can reach the $10,000 mark.

Community Guru
57 of 57

Hope springs eternal, Adam.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS