🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: What do you use to keep track of all your...
Page options
rhiannagibbs
Community Member

What do you use to keep track of all your tasks for different clients

Hey Upwork Community,

I hope you're all having a good week. Quick question. What application do you use to keep track of your daily work? I don't mean between yourself and your client but I mean a master for all your work and whether you can add tasks that reset at the start of each week. Paid or free I don't mind, I just want something that works.

I'm still finding the best option to write it out manually but surely there's a better way.

Thanks in advance guys!

9 REPLIES 9
tlbp
Community Member

Search for task management apps. There are free, freemium and paid options from which to choose. Do a few free trials and see which one works best for you. 

Tonya P wrote:

Search for task management apps. There are free, freemium and paid options from which to choose. Do a few free trials and see which one works best for you. 

Thanks! I'll take a look.

petra_r
Community Member

Rhianna M wrote:

I'm still finding the best option to write it out manually but surely there's a better way.

I use the "Lots-of-time-to-do-everything-procastrinate-play-on-Photoshop-go-for-walks-oh-my-god-deadlines-panic-pull-an-all-nighter" method.

Has been working a treat ever since my school-days...

In fact I am right this minute laughing in the face of an upcoming deadline... 😄

Petra R wrote:

Rhianna M wrote:

I use the "Lots-of-time-to-do-everything-procastrinate-play-on-Photoshop-go-for-walks-oh-my-god-deadlines-panic-pull-an-all-nighter" method.

In fact I am right this minute laughing in the face of an upcoming deadline... 😄

HAHA! This is me for sure but I'm now feeling like I need structure. Good luck with your deadline.

Petra R wrote:

Rhianna M wrote:

You are betraying your youth, my dear! That strategy worked beautifully for me until it didn't. The time eventually comes when an all-nighter is so physically disruptive that you'd do anything to avoid it--even reduce time spent procrastinating. Sadly.

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Try Toggl - free or paid version.

Will L wrote:

Try Toggl - free or paid version.

I thought she was more looking for something to organise all her different  projects for different clients rather than a mere (not sure "mere" is correct, I've only used it for that) time tracker?

lysis10
Community Member

My very first job when I was 18 was a secretary/receptionist at $8/hour and lemme tell you I was so terrible at it. Got yelled at a couple times from the owner for forgetting to do things or take down a message. 

I always thought I was terrible at remembering to do things, but it seems when it's my own money on the line I know exactly what I need to do. I just use Upwork, my memory, and you can see what is escrowed in reports for a reminder. 

jds0901
Community Member

I like Asana. They have a free basic version as well as some paid options. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths