Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you use to keep track of all your tasks for different clients

rhiannagibbs
Rhianna M Member Since: Jul 6, 2015
1 of 10

Hey Upwork Community,

I hope you're all having a good week. Quick question. What application do you use to keep track of your daily work? I don't mean between yourself and your client but I mean a master for all your work and whether you can add tasks that reset at the start of each week. Paid or free I don't mind, I just want something that works.

I'm still finding the best option to write it out manually but surely there's a better way.

Thanks in advance guys!

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
2 of 10

Search for task management apps. There are free, freemium and paid options from which to choose. Do a few free trials and see which one works best for you. 

rhiannagibbs
3 of 10

Tonya P wrote:

Search for task management apps. There are free, freemium and paid options from which to choose. Do a few free trials and see which one works best for you. 

Thanks! I'll take a look.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 10

Rhianna M wrote:

I'm still finding the best option to write it out manually but surely there's a better way.

I use the "Lots-of-time-to-do-everything-procastrinate-play-on-Photoshop-go-for-walks-oh-my-god-deadlines-panic-pull-an-all-nighter" method.

Has been working a treat ever since my school-days...

In fact I am right this minute laughing in the face of an upcoming deadline... Smiley Very Happy

rhiannagibbs
5 of 10

Petra R wrote:

Rhianna M wrote:

I use the "Lots-of-time-to-do-everything-procastrinate-play-on-Photoshop-go-for-walks-oh-my-god-deadlines-panic-pull-an-all-nighter" method.

In fact I am right this minute laughing in the face of an upcoming deadline... Smiley Very Happy

HAHA! This is me for sure but I'm now feeling like I need structure. Good luck with your deadline.

gilbert-phyllis
Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
6 of 10

Petra R wrote:

Rhianna M wrote:

You are betraying your youth, my dear! That strategy worked beautifully for me until it didn't. The time eventually comes when an all-nighter is so physically disruptive that you'd do anything to avoid it--even reduce time spent procrastinating. Sadly.

wlyonsatl
Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
7 of 10

Try Toggl - free or paid version.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
8 of 10

Will L wrote:

Try Toggl - free or paid version.

I thought she was more looking for something to organise all her different  projects for different clients rather than a mere (not sure "mere" is correct, I've only used it for that) time tracker?

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
9 of 10

My very first job when I was 18 was a secretary/receptionist at $8/hour and lemme tell you I was so terrible at it. Got yelled at a couple times from the owner for forgetting to do things or take down a message. 

I always thought I was terrible at remembering to do things, but it seems when it's my own money on the line I know exactly what I need to do. I just use Upwork, my memory, and you can see what is escrowed in reports for a reminder. 

jds0901
Jeanne S Member Since: Oct 17, 2015
10 of 10

I like Asana. They have a free basic version as well as some paid options. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS