cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does "Deliver by" mean?

Eva G Member Since: Aug 19, 2014
1 of 5
What does "Deliver by" mean? found in the top left corner of the job's page? thank you.
Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
2 of 5
Eva, When you view a fixed price role, the client will usually have a deadline in mind. Basically it's the date by which the client expects the completed work to be submitted.
Igor M Member Since: Aug 22, 2015
3 of 5

Tell me please, does submitting on time counted at some metrics?

I'm deliver on time, but always waiting some time while client reviewing my job. And only after that I'm press "Submit/Request payment" button, but current date may have been greather than "delivery at".

Maybe I need press that button immediately after work result sent to client?

Thank you.

Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
4 of 5

Igor,

The submit date is really a time that you and your client have worked out, so it is not up to the system. Once you have agreed on a time then make sure to deliver. Edit: The client is the one who determies (and marks) if the work is late, not the system.

It is up to you to determine how the work is delivered. You can attach the file(s) via a message for the client to review based on the nature of the project. Or you can always deliver the completed work via the milestone method, and request payment in the same process. If there are adjustments to be made the client would request the changes; if none, the client would release the payment.

I mostly do fixed price projects and will approach payment differently based on the nature of the project, as well as the temparement of the client. You do not want the client to feel rushed for payment, especially if the work will require many revisions. So sometimes I sent the work via a message and ask if there are any changes needed, then request payment. If I am sure the work is complete (simple) I just submit via milestone request.

Gauge the situations and always communicate.

---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Ace Contributor
Elspeth M Member Since: Jun 17, 2015
5 of 5

It means 'high noon' or you get your head blown off.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS