🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: What does this mean?
Page options
innovatusc
Community Member

What does this mean?

Hello Everyone,

Looking for some advice here. One of my clients filed a dispute since the milestone deliverable was not submitted on time plus I couldn't communicate with him for an extended period of time since I was dealing with a personal emergency. I did eventually submit the pending work and have been in constant communication with him and with the Upwork mediation team and extending my co-operation by responding to their emails and queries.

The client hasn't responded to the mediation teams emails and the recent message from the mediation team (to the client) says 'Please respond within two business days. In case of no response, we will proceed with closing the dispute and the active contract.' My question is - what does closing the active contract mean? If they do close the active contract do I get paid for the milestone work submitted (milestone payment is already escrowed)?

Any thoughts will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Prashant,

Please note that we won't be able to discuss the details of a dispute here in the public Community. I see that our mediation team is already assisting you with this case via the support ticket. I'll also follow up with them. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths