🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » What else can I do to get my first order?
Page options
1abf76f7
Community Member

What else can I do to get my first order?

Is there any other thing I need to do apart from just sending proposals for work? I've been on upwork for quite sometimes now,  I've sent lot of proposals but never got any serious buyer ready of offer me a job. Please i need your suggestion,  I'm getting overwhelmed and frustrated already. 

10 REPLIES 10
martina_plaschka
Community Member

A better picture.

virtualbrix
Community Member

Your profile picture and please make your profile public, we cant see anything else on it.

ArjayM

Hi Elizabeth,

I'm sorry to learn that you still haven't landed your first job. I understand it can be discouraging not getting those responses from clients, but you should focus on the things that you can control. I suggest that you check your profile and update your skills, tweak your title, make use of Project Catalog, and of course, apply for jobs. The more you send proposals, the more chances you have of getting a reply from a client.

I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article. I hope this helps. We wish you the best of luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork
2a3c4887
Community Member

same have problem , clint don't a given response 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ishtiaque, 

We know writing a cover letter can be overwhelming at times, especially if you're new to it. Think of it as a way to stand out from the crowd and showcase what's unique about your skills to specifically highlight how you're a good fit for a particular job or project.

Here are a few resources that may help you learn more and improve your proposal writing skills:
Good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork
a77045c6
Community Member

My song to you, girl. 😊

Trouble will find you no matter where you go, oh oh
No matter if you're fast no matter if you're slow, oh oh
You're there in the dark.

Come out, show your greatness, and shine. 🤗
williamtcooper
Community Member

Hey Elizabeth, please go to Settings and change your Profile from Private to Public so it can be viewed. Have a Happy New Year!

Alright. I will do that. Thanks

procountants
Community Member

Hey Elizabeth,

The trick is to keep knocking doors. I wrote close to 200 curated proposals to land my first long term client over a span of 1.5 months (My line of work has fierce competition). But I made sure that my approach wasnt always the same. I used to keep experimenting to see what was working. I took up udemy courses to write proposals and understand client psychology behind every gig posted. With that being said, the competition is higher now and you would need to get creative to land your first gig. Also, revamp your profile. Put yourself in the client shoes and then take the next steps. 

It's a journey. Enjoy it 🙂 

Also, I just noticed that you are a member since Jan 2, 2023. It's definitley going to take more than 24 hours to score your first client. 

Altight. Thanks,  I appreciate. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members