cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happen if upwork support misguides you on something and you lose your money because of that ?

m_terrazas
Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
31 of 43

This really seems inconceivable and shameful to me.
I'm so sorry Ali 😞

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
32 of 43

Ali,

We are still communicating with the team about your case and they'll be updating you with the most recent information within the next hour. 

I had to edit your post as it contained private communication which is not allowed in the Community. But the team will continue assisting you via the ticket.

~ Valeria
Upwork
m_terrazas
Community Guru
33 of 43

Valeria, I arrived before you deleted the message.
If, as you say, Ali's problem is still being studied, how is it possible that he receives a message saying that he has nothing to do?

firescue17
Community Guru
Steve L Member Since: May 5, 2015
34 of 43

More outrageous fumbling of the ball on accountability.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
35 of 43

Maria,

While dispute option isn't available anymore, here are other solutions the team is discussing with Ali directly.

Thanks.

~ Valeria
Upwork
aliasadullah106
Ali A Member Since: Dec 31, 2015
BEST ANSWER
36 of 43

Okay so finally a good news now. I've got another email from upwork recognising their mistake and they'll compensate the lost amount to my account. Thank you to them. And I'm very thankful to all of you here who have helped me here. 

View solution in original post

m_terrazas
Community Guru
37 of 43

Robot LOL

Good, good, very good news!

Congratulations!

m_terrazas
Community Guru
38 of 43

Valeria got it one more time!

Robot Very Happy

There is no finger up.

wendy_writes
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
39 of 43

Ali, YES!  I'm really glad that Upwork stood by you in this nasty and ill-informed scenario. 

I've no idea how much is because you posted in the forum and how much is simply because Upwork recognized the wrong that was done to you and your reputation.  The primary thing is 1) you were made financially whole and 2) those of us who have commented on or seen this thread have had it reinforced that when dealing with CS > have all your wits about you and take absolutely nothing at face value.

Over the years I've met some very capable, talented, and good folk in CS. I've also encountered the way less competent ones as you did.  Perhaps Upwork should consider implementing some form of CS education, training, and test-taking before letting misinformation ever cause this type of problem again.

m_terrazas
Community Guru
40 of 43

@Wendy

+100

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS