🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: What happen when agency's non-exclusive m...
Page options
agnitiosoftware
Community Member

What happen when agency's non-exclusive member leave agency?

Hi,

What happens when an agency's non-exclusive member leave the agency? Then all the work he completed has been with him?

1. Can I restrict him/her to use the same account with another agency?

2. How can I delete his/her account if it is necessary so he not able to use that in the future as he/she not working with us?

3. Can I change the password and email of that particular account from agency setting?

4. All the work attached to his/her remain with the agency?

Finally, I would like to secure my account with that agency member. I am a very old member of Upwork ( Elance ) so please help.

Thanks,

PS

10 REPLIES 10
petra_r
Community Member

Pramendra S wrote:

What happens when an agency's non-exclusive member leave the agency? Then all the work he completed has been with him?

1. Can I restrict him/her to use the same account with another agency?

2. How can I delete his/her account if it is necessary so he not able to use that in the future as he/she not working with us?

3. Can I change the password and email of that particular account from agency setting?

4. All the work attached to his/her remain with the agency?

5. Finally, I would like to secure my account with that agency member.

1. No, you can't.

2. You can't. It is not your account. It is the account of the non-exclusive agency member.

3. Absolutely not. It is not your account. It is the account of the non-exclusive agency member.

4. jobs should show on the agency history and that of the non-exclusive member.

5. What do you mean "secure your account?" - It is not your account. It is the account of the non-exclusive agency member.

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

It sounds like things went badly wrong between you and your agency member and now you're trying to punish him. Just let it go. 

I am afraid if he anything wrong to my agency account. 

Pramendra S wrote:

I am afraid if he anything wrong to my agency account. 

If he is no longer an agency member, he can't do anything to your agency account.

Just part ways, no need for any vindictive stuff.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Pramendra, 

When an agency member leaves the agency, all the contracts that the freelancer completed which was associated with the agency will remain on the freelancer's Work History. 

Restricting the agency freelancer from using the same account, deleting the agency freelancer's account on their behalf, and changing their password, and email on the agency freelancer's behalf violates the Upwork Terms of Service. As a gentle reminder, using another user's account is a violation of the Upwork ToS.

~ Avery
Upwork
aac6c402
Community Member

As you said, "When an agency member leaves the agency, all the contracts that the freelancer completed which were associated with the agency will remain on the freelancer's Work History."

Will it also keep on appearing or remain on Agency Account as well when a nonexclusive member leaves the Agency?

aac6c402
Community Member

As you said "When an agency member leaves the agency, all the contracts that the freelancer completed which was associated with the agency will remain on the freelancer's Work History."

Will it also keep on appearing or remain on Agency Account as well when a non exclusive member leave the Agency?

Hi George,

Yes. It will stay on the agency's work history along with the Freelancers that worked on the contracts. It will not be removed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
8b779291
Community Member

What happens if an exclusive member from my agency leaves the team with an ongoing contract? I mean what will happen to that ongoing contract which he was working through Agency?

Hi Faisal,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You will not be able to leave the agency if you still have some active open contracts under the agency. The contract will need to be closed first.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths