Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to Upwork Support?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Signe J Member Since: Jan 29, 2016
1 of 12

I was hoping to contact Upwork support with a question about a specific job because nothing in the generic answer bank addresses this particular issue. (It's a question about a certain job, not a general question about how things work.) I went to support.upwork.com only to find that the chat icon has disappeared, and so has the support phone number. Has this information just moved around, or is live support no longer available?

I really hope that's not the case. One would think that doubled fees would result in more/better services, not fewer/less responsive services. Removing live support makes things far more inefficient for freelancers...

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 12

That ship has sailed.

Too many people abused the privilege.

Upwork had to restrict access further.

Highlighted
This widget could not be displayed.
BEST ANSWER
3 of 12

@Preston H wrote:

That ship has sailed.

Too many people abused the privilege.

Upwork had to restrict access further.

Preston, why are giving false information to Signe who has a long job history and is top rated? Signe, please scroll down the Upwork Help Center Page and at the bottom you will find "Get help from Upwork". After a long-winding process with several steps you will find different options for getting in touch with customer service. It has become a bit more difficult. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 12

Hi Signe,

I can confirm you have access to all support options because you are a Top Rated freelancer. Click "Get Help from Upwork," select appropriate categories and click next. If articles you see don't answer your questions, click "No" and then click "Submit Request."

Screenshot_41.png

You'll see support options.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Jackie E Member Since: Jul 18, 2020
5 of 12

anyone have a PHONE NUMBER for them?

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
6 of 12

Hi Jackie,

Feel free to share your questions here in the community and gladly help you with it. You can also send me a PM with more information so I can assist you. Thank you. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Jackie E Member Since: Jul 18, 2020
7 of 12
i cannot hire a Freelancer, it is saying for me to CONTACT SUPPORT

lease type your reply above this line -##
Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
8 of 12

Hi Jackie,

Thanks for following up. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Signe J Member Since: Jan 29, 2016
9 of 12

Thanks, everyone! I did click the "Get Help from Upwork" button, but after a few more clicks it appeared to be more automated/generic stuff and not access to an actual human being. I guess I didn't click far enough. I'll try again. Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
10 of 12

@Signe J wrote:

Thanks, everyone! I did click the "Get Help from Upwork" button, but after a few more clicks it appeared to be more automated/generic stuff and not access to an actual human being. I guess I didn't click far enough. I'll try again. Smiley Happy 

I had the same problem before and other freelancers as well. Please look here:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/We-are-unable-to-locate-the-customer-support-phone-line-...

I hope this helps. Good luck!

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS