cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to my rising talent badge?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
11 of 15

That's pretty weird. You're right, you won't get a JSS yet with only two completed projects. This needs a Moderator's attention. There's a way to flag a post so a Mod sees it. I'm trying to find out how.

(As you probably already figured out, disregard advice offered by brand-new FL who has yet to land a contract.) 

Highlighted
Stephen D Member Since: Aug 29, 2019
12 of 15

Thank you Phyllis, it's at least nice to know that someone else finds it weird! I would love it if a mod was able to shed more light on this. 

I understand that unpredictability may just be a feature of Upwork that I have to live with ("Upwork giveth, Upworth taketh away"), but at it stands, something seems wrong with the system. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
13 of 15

It's possible one of those clients gave you less than stellar fb privately, but unlikely IMO since they went out of their way to ooh and ahh in public. I don't know what else might've made the RT badge go poof and so think it's more likely some kind of hiccup. At the same time, opinions are mixed about the value of the RT badge anyway. It's UW's way of encouraging new FLs but IMO, anybody with the qualifications who is hardheaded enough to really make a go of it here doesn't really need it. 

I did flag the thread, so Mod should be along eventually.

Highlighted
Stephen D Member Since: Aug 29, 2019
14 of 15

Thanks Phyllis, appreciated. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
15 of 15

There us no rhyme or reason to RT badges - I've seen them on brand new profiles with absolutely no history of anything - we know Upwork has no way of determining someone's talent. Most of us never had the badge and have done just fine without it. Frankly, I wish they'do away with this program, since it's arbitrary at best.

Do good work and forget about the badge. And also know that many clients praise publicly, but "talk behind our backs" privately ... it's really not all that unusual, no matter how poetic they wax on our public profiles.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS