cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What happened to the Money Back Guarantee?

Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
1 of 8

I noticed that it's disappeared. Even my old/current contracts that had the MBG badge on them no longer do.

I know a lot of people didn't like the feature, but it helped me quite a lot. Has Upwork decided to do away with it?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Natasa M Member Since: May 8, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 8

Yes, Isabelle they discontinued it about one month ago. If you go to announcements , find  MBG post-some 10th, 20th  page (at the end of the post) moderators said that it is discontinued.

EDIT:It was easy to miss -here it is:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Announcements/The-oDesk-Money-Back-Guarantee-Beta-More-Confidence-fo...

Community Guru
3 of 8
Hmmm I'm not able to find the post but thanks for letting me know. The search tool is so clunky.

I usually check the announcements section every day, but must have missed this one.

It's a pity - MBG won me a lot of jobs Smiley Sad
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
4 of 8

@Isabelle Anne A wrote:
....MBG won me a lot of jobs Smiley Sad

Just curious - How do you know that?

Best,

MIchael 

Community Guru
5 of 8
Some clients told me that the MBG badge finalized their decision. Although I could only see it when accepting a job offer and then also when viewing the contract details.
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
6 of 8

@Isabelle Anne A wrote:
Some clients told me that the MBG badge finalized their decision. Although I could only see it when accepting a job offer and then also when viewing the contract details.

Isabelle Anne,

That's very interesting, thank you! (I'm used to an environment where prospects never mention the various badges, scores, etc.)

Best,

Michael 

Community Guru
7 of 8
It's odd for me too, and I also feel awkward when clients tell me they're going to leave me great feedback - although that's a good thing, I don't want them to feel that I only care about ratings Smiley Sad
Community Guru
8 of 8
Thanks Natasa! Promise I'm not lazy Smiley Wink I tried looking up "MBG" and "money back guarantee" with various filters, but it was bringing up strange results! Wish this announcement had had its own thread.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS