🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: What happens to the UW Mobile App?
Page options
rafsun_ug
Community Member

What happened to the UW Mobile App?

I am using UW Android Mobile App for a long time. But suddenly from today, I am not able to use the Apps which was installed more than 1 year ago and I used this app every day when I do not stay in my studio! Today, it displayed probably "Session failure" or "session expired" (can't remember clearly but one of those) and then it asked for the username and password! When I typed my ID and password, it said: "Client Authentication failed.....". Please note that I am not a client, I am a Freelancer. Then I looked for this app in the Playstore. But I didn't find this or any other related Apps!
What happened to this very effective Apps! This Apps was really helpful when I stay outside of my studio! Can anyone help me to find this app again or it will not appear any more! Am only I facing this problem?

Screenshot_2019-11-28-20-05-12 - Copy.png

13 REPLIES 13
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rafsun,

Could you please try to download the new Upwork for Freelancers App and let us know if you're still experiencing the same issue. The old “Upwork” app was retired.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
rafsun_ug
Community Member

Hi Bojan,
Thanks for being here. I searched for that App in various texts but truly it's not anywhere.

Screenshot_2019-11-29-05-01-32.png

ivanburmistrov
Community Member

Rafsun,

I do not recommend you to download the new app. I tried it and soon removed it. My recommendation is to use mobile browser like Chrome or Firefox to access Upwork.

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for your reply! I do not know about the new App but yesterday when I faced this problem, I searched for the App but I didn't find anything or related App of UW for the Freelancers in the GPlaystore! And it feels bad for your experiences about the new app. I used to use the old app for more than a year. It was really good and helpful. The browsers are not as comfortable or easier than the App was!

Hi Rafsun,

There is a huge difference between old and new apps. The old app was much better than the new app. You will laugh but the new app is exactly a browser, and a very slow browser indeed! You can find it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.upwork.android.apps.main&hl=en

My recommendation remains that you'd better use a normal browser instead of the new app.

I respect your recommendation. But I want to see the new App! It's very strange that I can see this App in the GPlaystore from my PC but I can't see anything from my mobile GPlaystore! Can you see this App in your Gplaystore from your mobile? Thanks!

Rafsun,

Yes, I can quickly find the app on my mobile:

UWApp.png

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rafsun, 

When you try accessing Ivan's link, or the links noted in this help article, are you still unable to access the app from the Playstore?

~ Avery
Upwork
rafsun_ug
Community Member

Hi Avery,

Thanks! I can see that the App is showing in Ivan's GPlaystore. But it is not showing that one which Ivan's shared as a screenshot...not even any other UW related App for the Freelancers.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/161xpIHdQ1FQUZgGyEukMefGi1whrpXdE/view?usp=sharing

Please check the video link of my screen capture. Do you know Avery, why is that? 

Dear Rafsun,

First read users' reviews of this app -- the majority of them give the app 1 or 2 stars -- and then decide if you still need it...

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rafsun, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you so that they can assist you with downloading the mobile app to your phone.

~ Avery
Upwork
arsenix
Community Member

I'm having the same issue today

sad-512.png

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths