🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: What happened to the fee?
Page options
69f98de6
Community Member

What happened to the fee?

I've been credited for a job today in available balance from a milestone I completed last week... the whole job is $700ish and this is the first job/milestone for the client.

The fee was refunded as "Miscellaneous" then a 4% charge instead of 20% 

Anyone got any idea why the system has done this? I don't want to be screwed down the road and I know "Bank error in your favour" doesn't quite work irl. The contract is now saying $120 released when it was actually $100....

I've added a redacted screenshot below...

ss.png

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Daniel,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your transactions. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Daniel C wrote:

I've been credited for a job today in available balance from a milestone I completed last week... the whole job is $700ish and this is the first job/milestone for the client.

The fee was refunded as "Miscellaneous" then a 4% charge instead of 20% 

Anyone got any idea why the system has done this? I don't want to be screwed down the road and I know "Bank error in your favour" doesn't quite work irl. The contract is now saying $120 released when it was actually $100....

I've added a redacted screenshot below...

ss.png

The client made two payments. They released a milestone for $ 100 and Upwork took $ 20 (20% in fees) for that. The client then made a further payment of $ 20 (as a bonus? Or did you accidentally request $ 120 instead of $ 100?) and Upwork took $ 4 (not 4%) in fees (20% of $ 20)

And yes, $ 120 was released. 

Either in the form of $ 100 + $ 20, or as one payment of $ 120, which was cut into $ 100 from Escrow and $ 20 from the client' payment method on file.

You can check that by going to the contract > Terms and Settings > Contract History

69f98de6
Community Member

Thanks Petra!

The client did indeed release 120 although the milestone was for 100, and I requested 100...so not entirely sure why they released 120!

Mystery solved, I figured it was Upwork service fee originally as I saw the 20 leave and come back.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members