🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » What happens if you accidently log time on 2 ...
Page options
hammadahmad089
Community Member

What happens if you accidently log time on 2 different laptops at a same time?

Hi, I use my Upwork profile on 2 different laptops, accidentally I logged-in time tracking at the same time on both of my laptops. It was only for a few minutes. When the app took a screenshot it said "Multiple time tracking". Now I am worried about what will happen to my profile.

Please guide me on what to do to avoid profile rejection or anything alarming.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
petra_r
Community Member

Hammad A wrote:

Hi, I use my Upwork profile on 2 different laptops, accidentally I logged-in time tracking at the same time on both of my laptops.

How would you "accidentally" do this?

Petra R wrote:

Hammad A wrote:

Hi, I use my Upwork profile on 2 different laptops, accidentally I logged-in time tracking at the same time on both of my laptops.

cloning?

a_lipsey
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Hammad A wrote:

I have time tracker on more than one device, but I'm not sure how you'd be able to have it turned on, on two different machines, at once. I accidentally forgot to stop time tracking on one device the other day, but if you are inactive on the device, time tracker automatically shuts off, correct? So shouldn't this actually be impossible?

I was working on a website front end designing and there was something needed to design a particular thing and the code for that was on my other laptop. While I was done working on one laptop I thought I have stopped the app but I didn't know until a message appeared in upwork time tracking app on the second laptop. I am much worried now. It was totally unintentional.

Hammad A wrote:

I am much worried now. 

Nothing will happen.

Thank you so much for answering quickly.

c5a0cd0c
Community Member

Hi Hammad, 

I am curious what happened to your account when you accidentally logged in your Upwork tracker on 2 devices. It's 2022 now, what happened to your Upwork account? 

Will appreciate your response.

Thank you!

In Hammad's case, he wasn't actually working on two things at the same time and stopped the tracker as soon as he realised, so his account is fine (though set to private). But it could get your account permanently banned since it usually means that someone is trying to commit fraud and/or sharing their account.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members