🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: What happens in a dispute? Will my JSS be...
Page options
navinng
Community Member

What happens in a dispute? Will my JSS be restored if I win?

I got a message client filed for a refund and I had filed for a dispute. Now client saying he never filed for a refund and there is no dispute showing up in his profile. I lot my JSS due to this. Please check and do the needful

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Navin N wrote:

I lot my JSS due to this.

No, you didn't.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Navin,

Looks like that upon the contract closing, Escrow refund was initiated. Since you're already communicating with your Client regarding this misunderstanding, I'll follow up with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly in order to help with reaching a mutual agreement. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
navinng
Community Member

Why was the escrow refund initiated, was it a bug on the site or did the client acciendly do it as he had no knowledge about this until I informed him. I had contacted support to allow me to modify the feedback I gave on this and the agent closed the case as a duplicate. So if this the orignial case or has the agent you reached out to created a new case. In which case how long will it take him to reachout to me. I don't want a bad feedback on one of my valued clients page due to a bug on the web site or an accidental click on his part. So I need the agent to confirm with the client that he didn't request for a refund and then reverse/cancel the refund request, cancel the dispute request,remove my feedback and allow me to write a new feedback, make the job as completed successfully,update my JSS score. I still have not heard from the agent. I would like to change the feedback asap, the rest can take their on time but don't you think an unjust feedback needs to be fixed asap.

petra_r
Community Member

Navin N wrote:

I need the agent to confirm with the client that he didn't request for a refund and then reverse/cancel the refund request, cancel the dispute request,remove my feedback and allow me to write a new feedback, make the job as completed successfully,update my JSS score. I still have not heard from the agent. I would like to change the feedback asap, the rest can take their on time but don't you think an unjust feedback needs to be fixed asap.

That is not how it works and not what happened. If your JSS took a hit because of this contract, it would be because the client left poor feedback (private feedback?) not because of some refund request.

Support can not and will not do what you demand.

The person who can enable you to change your feedback to your client is your client, by clicking on the "Enable freelancer to change feedback" button on the contract.

Support won't cancel the refund request or the dispute either, you and your client can tell the mediator that the matter is resolved. There is no way to change the outcome to "completed successfully."

navinng
Community Member

But I can see a 5 star feedback from the client for the job. So what is it that hit my JSS? How will I be able to find that out.

petra_r
Community Member

Navin N wrote:

But I can see a 5 star feedback from the client for the job. So what is it that hit my JSS? How will I be able to find that out.

When did that contract actually end???

Before last Sunday or after?

navinng
Community Member

Actually the job was completed more than two weeks back and the payment was also made then. The client ended the contract yesterday and then this happened. And I never ment to demand things from support. I meant to request, but may be my frustration made it appear like a demand. Is there anything me or my client can(if he is willing) do that can improve my JSS? I filed the dispute and also left a message asking the client for the reason for the refund and he told me he never did that and why he would do that after giving a 5 star feedback and why I filed a dispute before informing him, while I thought that he didn't wish to talk to me which is why he just filed for a refund without informing me or ask me directly for a refund. The dispute process told me that I should wirte a feedback before the dispute and then after filing the dispute the clients 5 start feedback for the project is also appearing in my profile.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths