🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » What happens to the Upwork fees when a client...
Page options
mathengemaina
Community Member

What happens to the Upwork fees when a client closes a contract and opens a new one?

If a client closes a contract on Upwork and opens a new one, will I be charged 20% fee in the new contract for the first $500?

For this particular client, I had already hit the $500 mark, meaning that the fees had gone down to 10%.

Your replies will be much appreciated.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3ctechnologies
Community Member

if you have hit $500 already with the same client..Upwork would only charge 10% of the fee from now on...However, please make sure client assigns the job to the same account..I mean, if he had assigned the previous contract to your freelancer account, he should be assigning the new one to the same..

Just incase, he assigns the new one to your Agency account , Upwork would be charging 20% again for the first $500 bracket..Hope this helps 🙂

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
3ctechnologies
Community Member

if you have hit $500 already with the same client..Upwork would only charge 10% of the fee from now on...However, please make sure client assigns the job to the same account..I mean, if he had assigned the previous contract to your freelancer account, he should be assigning the new one to the same..

Just incase, he assigns the new one to your Agency account , Upwork would be charging 20% again for the first $500 bracket..Hope this helps 🙂

Thanks

Muhammad U wrote:

Just incase, he assigns the new one to your Agency account ,

He does not have an agency account.......

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members