🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: What happens when you are outbid?
Page options
blair-pomahac
Community Member

What happens when you are outbid?

What happens when my bid is knocked out of first place, but it is still higher that the second place bid?

Instead of being knocked out of the top three, shouldn't I still retain a spot that is higher?

Can anyone clarify the following?

1.  If I lose the bid, I am refunded the bid connects.
  2. If I am out bid, I am refunded the bid connects.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
williamtcooper
Community Member

Hey Blair, when you are knocked out of position 1 and have bid greater than position 2, then you are the new position 2. Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
NikolaS

Hi Blair, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please confirm if you are referring to Boosted proposals option? If so, I would like to clarify that if during the auction you are outbid, your proposal will no longer be shown as boosted (it will still be visible, just lower on the list). Also, if you are outbid and your boosted proposal didn’t lead to an eligible interaction, we’ll only charge you the standard number of Connects required to submit a proposal. If it led to an eligible interaction with the client while you were boosted, you will be charged the Connects you bid.

You can find more information in this help article.

~ Nikola
Upwork
williamtcooper
Community Member

Hey Blair, when you are knocked out of position 1 and have bid greater than position 2, then you are the new position 2. Thanks!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths