🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » What happens when you fall from the top three...
Page options
7a6dcfa0
Community Member

What happens when you fall from the top three bidding spots?

I'm wondering what happens when you bid on a job and get knocked out of the top three spots. Say the top one has 20 connects, the second has 15, and the third has 10. You bid 8, but now you got knocked out because of the ten bid. In total, there are 25 proposals. Where does your proposal go? Does it go to the fourth spot, or does it go to the end (in the '20s)?

5 REPLIES 5
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Great question, Abby! Only someone who has a client account can answer this, unless a moderator steps in.

Preston, are you there?

ashrafkhan81
Community Member

Once someone outbids you and your proposal is no longer in the boosted category, I think your proposal will be placed organically. Like it used to happen before the boosted proposal! 

NikolaS

Hi Abby,

Thank you for reaching out to us. If during the auction you are outbid, your proposal will no longer be shown as boosted (it will still be visible, just lower on the list). Also, if you are outbid and your boosted proposal didn’t lead to an eligible interaction, we’ll only charge you the standard number of Connects required to submit a proposal. If it led to an eligible interaction with the client while you were boosted, you will be charged the Connects you bid.

You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork
trubiefan
Community Member

Hi, I lost the bid, and the opportunity to secure the job was awarded to another freelancer. I bid with 30 connects; however, they were not credited back to my account. Is there a specific time frame for lost connects to be credited back to my account?

Julie Anne P wrote:

Hi, I lost the bid, and the opportunity to secure the job was awarded to another freelancer. I bid with 30 connects; however, they were not credited back to my account. Is there a specific time frame for lost connects to be credited back to my account?

You pay what you bid, so you don't get them back.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members