🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » What happens when your account is suspended f...
Page options
tubabasaran
Community Member

What happens when your account is suspended for a specific time?

Hi, I would like to learn what happens to your contracts, proposals, messages, etc.. during the time interval your account is suspended.
Lets say I have active contracts and proposals.
Also I applied for different jobs. Then my account is suspended for a day. What happens if client accepts my proposal while I’m banned?
Does he still able to send me messages?
Can I see those messages when I got unbanned?
Also, What happens to my active contracts and proposals?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Tuba,

If your account is placed on hold your proposals will be withdrawn. Regarding your contracts, this will depend on the type of hold you have. In some cases you will be able to continue working on your active contracts in others you will not be able to continue with your work. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Tuba,

If your account is placed on hold your proposals will be withdrawn. Regarding your contracts, this will depend on the type of hold you have. In some cases you will be able to continue working on your active contracts in others you will not be able to continue with your work. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Is there any chance to get back those proposals?

Also, I’ve done the necessary steps.(replied the ticket)
To get back to connecting with talent, all you need to do is review Upwork’s Terms of Service and reply to this ticket to confirm that you will follow them going forward.

However, my account still looks suspended.

Hi Tuba,

The account you're posting from is not under hold at the moment. If you're referring to another account, I would recommend to close this account as soon as possible and following up directly on your ticket/email with any additional questions you may have. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I think Tuba may have a separate client account that isn't correctly connected to her freelancer account? (which would be, in itself, a violation)

Petra R wrote:

I think Tuba may have a separate client account that isn't correctly connected to her freelancer account? (which would be, in itself, a violation)

You can't just set up a client account separately from your freelancer one?

Robert Y wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Not if you'd like to keep using Upwork, no.

You have to

Robert Y wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Not if you want to keep using Upwork and prefer not getting suspended.... You have to add a client profile to your existing account, which is quick and easy.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths