cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What if I don't want to transfer my Elance over to Upwork?

9e9774c7
David G Member Since: Jul 12, 2015
1 of 5

What if I don't want to transfer my Elance over to Upwork? I created an Upwork account before the annoucement to merge. I'd like all my docs from and between providers and want the provider info transfered to the new platform since I gave my service provider good marks.

abdullahnouman1
Abdullah N Member Since: Jun 26, 2015
2 of 5

It seems you haven't read the news, "Elance is going to ShutDown step by step" till next year. So if you don't you will not get any projects as Elance is encouraging their clients to move to upwork. Client signup may be not possible within few weeks. I don't like this personally, but we have to move. Smiley Sad(

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 5

Hi David,

You do not have to merge your Elance account with your existing Upwork account. However, we encourage you to begin all new contracts on Upwork and move existing contracts to Upwork when possible. Additionally, once you merge or copy your Elance to Upwork you will be able to see a list of the freelancers who you had (or have) contracts with on Elance.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Upwork
ea5c76b3
David Y Member Since: Mar 31, 2016
4 of 5

Hi Valeria,

Can provide me a reccomendation on how I can obtain or transfer my information from elance.com?

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 5

Hi David,

I see that our phone support representative has already assisted you with the transfer. Please, let us know if you have any further issues or questions.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS