cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What if clients get away after finish the project? the project has been finished in a week.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
11 of 23

1) not yet. I 'm collecting the information. I intend to use manual time.
2) Thanks for the answer.
3) I mean the funds in my account , is it actual funds or not?
4) Thanks.

1) WHY? If anything happens, (dispute or client fails to pay) you will NOT get paid.
3) It will not be actual funds until a) the client has paid and b) the review period is over and c) the security period is over. It will be actual funds (available to withdraw) on the Wednesday after the week folowing the week during which you did the work.
In other words: If you work over the weekend now, the time you spend working will be billed and charged to the client on Monday. IF that charge goes through, and the client does not dispute by Friday, you will be able to withdraw the funds on Wednesday the 16th. If you use manual time and something happens you get 0, nothing at all.
Please read this https://support.upwork.com/entries/23128372
If the client disputes, or does not pay, you will only get paid for properly logged hours. You will not get paid for any manual hours, at all, under any circumstances in those cases.

Highlighted
Community Guru
12 of 23

Pedro, you ARE properly hired, yes? (The contract is in your "my jobs" tab?)

What is the client's feedback history, both left feedback and received feedback, like?

How much have they spent?

Do NOT use manual time. I repeat: DO NOT! Use the tracker, put in detailed work memos... When did you start the contract? How many hours have you spent on this already?

Highlighted
Pedro S Member Since: Sep 4, 2015
13 of 23

what point do you guys bill from cilents?

1) every weekend?

2) every 15 days?

3) at the time of ending contracts?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Guru
14 of 23

Pedro,

Please answer my questions:

1) Are you hired

2) Have you used the tracker?

3) have you entered manual time?

4) How many hours (tracked and / or manual time)

Your profile shows no jobs in process so you didn't work previous to this week. This would indicate that the conntract, if there is one, started this week.

Clients are billed and charged for hourly contracts on the Monday after the work week ended, after 12 noon UTC. This means that client will be charged for any hours you logged this week on Monday. They then have until Friday midnight UTC to dispute. If they dispute, or fail to pay Upwork, you will lose any hours that were not logged according to the guarantee,

Highlighted
15 of 23

1) Are you hired

2) Have you used the tracker?

3) have you entered manual time?

4) How many hours (tracked and / or manual time)

1) not yet. I'm collecting the information about the contract.

2) no

3) I'm going to use manual time and if everything is good, I'm going to start the work today.

4) 0 hrs.

sorry for keep asking this.

but what if he didn't make dispute on me and remove the payment gateway from his account , and I still have logged time ( which was added manually) from him?

Thank you so much , Petro.

Highlighted
Community Guru
16 of 23

but what if he didn't make dispute on me and remove the payment gateway from his account , and I still have logged time ( which was added manually) from him?

Thank you so much , Petro.

If you used manual time and the client does not pay you will not get anything. You will not get paid.

Why, after everything you have been told, over, and over again, would you decide to use manual time?

Highlighted
17 of 23

Thank you so much, Petra.

Now, I'm clear about the manual time track.

This is my last question.

1) I used Upwork time track and logged time. (not manually)

2) client's account get suspended because of insufficient funds from his payment gateway.

or he removed this payment gate way from his account ( I' m not sure if it's possible or not)

3) I didn't get any disputes from him.

Can I still get paid after?

also , this case

after above 3 steps,

1) I used Upwork time track and logged time. (not manually)

2) he ended the contract as completed.

3) client's account get suspended because of insufficient funds from his payment gateway.

or he removed this payment gate way from his account ( I' m not sure if it's possible or not)

4) I didn't get any disputes from him.

Can I still get paid after?

Please, answer seperately.

Thanks, Petra

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
18 of 23

Pedro,

Do you understand that we think you are behaving strangely and your client is behaving strangely as well?

If you are actually doing work on a computer, and not out photographing bridges or something, then you use the time tracker for an hourly contract. That is what normal Upwork contractors do.

That is what normal Upwork clients expect.

If a client is asking you to use manual time, then we assume he is planning to rip you off.

He can simply dispute those hours from your work diary and not pay for them. Then he has obtained your work for free and you will be paid nothing.

[I edited the paragraph above and replaced "delete" with "dispute," after Petra kindly pointed out that a client can not directly delete manual hours from a contractor's work diary, but CAN disput them and will win the dispute by default.]

But you ARE able to use manual time if the client allows it. That time would automatically be billed to the client and you will automatically be paid for time if the client doesn't block payment for any of that time.

Highlighted
Community Guru
19 of 23

@Preston H wrote:

Pedro,

1) Do you understand that we think you are behaving strangely and your client is behaving strangely as well?

2) He can simply delete those hours from your work diary and not pay for them.

1) My sentiments exactly

2) No, clients can NOT delete anything at all from a freelancer's work diary. The client will get charged for manual time the same as for logged time.  They can then either a) dispute, and will win a dispute over manual time by default, or b) fail to pay, then Upwork will reverse the manual time. Clients can not touch a freelancer's work diary.

Highlighted
20 of 23

final question, Petra.

answer this case.

1) I've logged time mannually.

2) clients got suspended because of insufficient funds from his payment gateway

or he has removed payment gateway from his acccount.

3) but he didn't make any dispute on me.

What happens after 15 days?

Can I still get paid?

Thanks.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS