cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What if my bank account is under a different name?

Highlighted
Arezoo A Member Since: Mar 11, 2018
1 of 6

I am hired by a company in Sweden and the company has already authorized me to use their bank account information.

I was trying to set up my payment method and I received the following error:

"Due to our updated identity policy, at least one of your payment methods has been deactivated as the beneficiary name of the bank account does not match your name."

As I have read in the FAQ section, in order to complete verification I may need to provide personal identification as well as "A business license showing your name and the company name".

So my Question is:

Is my Employment Contract sufficient to prove that I am authorized on company's behalf?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
2 of 6

Hi Arezoo,

I'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly to help assist regarding the documents needed to prove authorization for the bank account.

~Nina
Highlighted
Tolanda C Member Since: May 29, 2019
3 of 6
Hi,

I was granted access to use father’s bank account. Is that fine? Mines under mismatch identification because it’s my fathers bank. Please help.

Tolanda
Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4 of 6

Hi Tolanda, 

You will need to be a joint-account holder of the same bank account to be able to use it as a payment method on Upwork. You also have the option of opening your own bank account, or checking which other payment methods are available to you (Settings > Get Paid > Add Method). 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Tolanda C Member Since: May 29, 2019
5 of 6
Okay, ummm idk about other options.

Tolanda
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 6

Tolanda C wrote: