🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: What if one of my friend apply on a job I...
Page options
arshad03555
Community Member

What if one of my friend apply on a job I've posted on upwork with same IP address?

Is it against upwork policy please help me out.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Arshad Nawaz B wrote:

Thanks, what if we only chat?

It would be OK to talk, but any kind of contract between you could result in your profiles being removed or suspended from the site.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
roberty1y
Community Member

Your friend has the same IP address as you, but he's not talking to you?

What if I talk to him and what if I hire him? Can you please answer for both cases 

Arshad Nawaz B wrote:

What if I talk to him and what if I hire him? Can you please answer for both cases 

But why would you hire him through Upwork when he's right there and you could cut out the middle man? If he's your friend, there's no problem with trusting him to pay you. Upwork would consider hiring him via their platform as a violation of their terms of service, because getting hired by a friend who's sure to give you a good review is feedback manipulation.

Arshad Nawaz B wrote:

It would be OK to talk, but any kind of contract between you could result in your profiles being removed or suspended from the site.

Thanks you, you made my day. Some one using my wifi connection and I just come to know that and he applied on a job I've posted recently, I've close the job and create new one.

"Thanks, what if we only chat?"

How is it possible you have the same IP number then?

He is using the same wifi network I'm using.

Sounds like a perfect way to get banned from the site but you do you!

When I come to know that he is in-front of my apartment and he is using the same network, I've closed the job immediately. I hope this will not effect on the accounts.

He is also not aware of all this.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths