Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What if the freelancer ends a contract?

Community Leader
Umar A Member Since: Aug 18, 2015
1 of 6

Hi,

If a freelancer ends a contract, will doing this negatively contribue to JSS? Thanks

Regards,

Umar

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 6

No, it's the feedback that counts.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 6

Umar:

If a freelancer ends a contract, she must leave feedback, because she is the one leaving feedback. Theoretically, the client can decide to NOT leave feedback. But if the client DOES leave feedback, there is absolutely no penalty to the freelancer due to the fact that the freelancer herself closed the contract.

If the freelancer closes the contract one time and the client does NOT leave any feedback, it's fine. One time is not going to hurt.

But what if it is many times? What if there is a pattern?

The truth is:

If a freelancer's work history shows a pattern of contracts with no feedback from the client... If the number of zero-feedback contracts is too high relative to the number of contracts that DO have client feedback... then the freelancer WILL see her Job Success Score decline.

Muhammad H Member Since: May 13, 2018
4 of 6

I have done 3 jobs on upwork, my first 2 clients gave me 5-star reviews but not the feedback. Do the reviews without feedback are all right for my profile or I have to be worried about feedback?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 6

Muhammad H wrote:

I have done 3 jobs on upwork, my first 2 clients gave me 5-star reviews but not the feedback. Do the reviews without feedback are all right for my profile or I have to be worried about feedback?

The 5 stars ARE the feedback. verbal feedback is optional and has no effect on anything at all.

Muhammad H Member Since: May 13, 2018
6 of 6
Thank you so much for resolving my tension.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS