cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Connects means. I applied 22 jobs. Now remaining 0

renjithnk
Renjith N Member Since: Apr 12, 2016
1 of 10

What is 'Connects' means, is it another word of application. I applied for 22 jobs. Now my connects is 0. Actually if the basic connects are 60, how this is happened? Can anybody explain with simple english.

maheshajwani
Community Guru
Mahesh A Member Since: Sep 16, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 10

Hi Renjith,

Welcome to the community

Visit this link:  https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062898  to learn how connects system works.

View solution in original post

renjithnk
3 of 10

Hello Mahesh,

Thankx for your reply. But I have already read the article you sent me.

Did you listen, this article made with complex explanation. Article says 'Connects are virtual tokens'

and 'Most proposals require two Connects'. These all are confusing terms. What is the clear explation about '2 connects' for a project instead of 1. Why this following quote 'Required Connects to submit a proposal: 2 ' writen under the 'Propsal Submit' button. This is not a clear definition.

Thanks!

gerrys
Community Guru
Gerry S Member Since: Nov 23, 2014
4 of 10

Inflation and banker's rounding.

A connect just doesn't buy what it used too.

No more Canadian pennies either. Need at least a nickel.

kulkarni_ashish
Community Guru
Ashish K Member Since: Mar 1, 2016
5 of 10

Connects are Upwork's currency. You need them to apply to jobs. Free plan gives a freelancer 60 connects per month. If they get over, you can buy more for 1 dollar per connect.

Please take English lessons/classes so that you can get jobs and finish them successfully. Otherwise, Upwork might not work out for you.

renjithnk
6 of 10

Thank You Very Much Ashish K, to given me very simple answer with great definition. Now I understood it. You awesome! Its best! your observation of my understanding nature. Thanks for the advice too, its helpfull. Also Thanking You Mahesh A, Gerry S, Asif R for initiate to help me.

Thanks!

Renjith NK

hitleaks
Community Leader
Asif R Member Since: Jan 7, 2015
7 of 10

Connects are tokens used to apply for jobs. Each job required 2 tokens. You are provided 60 free tokens each month and they are renewed each month on the same date.

Asif Rehman
imenetalk
Ace Contributor
Imene M Member Since: Mar 18, 2016
8 of 10
Hello

Please, I want to know more about the 60 bids/month? I only have 2 now, and I don't know when will they increase again ?

imenetalk
Ace Contributor
Imene M Member Since: Mar 18, 2016
9 of 10
Sorry, by bids I mean "Connects".
renjithnk
10 of 10

As per the expert explanation, Connects are Upwork's currency. You need them to apply to jobs. Upwork giving
60 free connects to us. We need minimum 2 connects to apply a job. ie. most jobs are require two Connects (sometimes it may vary as per the size and type of project). If we apply for 1 job. We'll spend or lose 2 connects from our total connects. Connects will refresh everymonth. It start from the date which you registered as a member. As per your register date is '03-18-2016' it will refresh every month on 18th.

Note: if you want to modify or edit a topic you already posted. Please click on the 'Post Options' select box shown in the right top of the post and choose 'edit reply'.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS