cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What is Recent account holds?

Community Guru
Wassim T Member Since: May 29, 2015
1 of 40

So when I check my stats there's a section called "Recent account holds". What is this exactly? And why is it a factor in the stats?

It seems to be related to Terms Violation, but it sounds to me like something which happens over and over for contractors, otherwise why is it there?

OK don't get me wrong I have 0 next to it and hopefully that's gonna stay like forever, but the fact that this information is there gives me the feeling that I should violate the terms so I can feel normal!

Best regards, 

Wassim

Community Guru
Abdul R Member Since: Dec 4, 2014
2 of 40

It can be violation of Up Work terms & condition and privacy policy. Do not get work outside from a Upwrok client that is the bottom line. 

Community Guru
3 of 40

What do you mean? Like meeting the client at Upwork and continue the job with them outside of it, and letting them pay via Paypal for example?

If that's the case then I'm going to be the very last person on planet to violate these terms.

Paypal is not available in Lebanon and the only way for me to get paid is via Payoneer (which does accept payments from partners only).

Community Guru
Aleksandra K Member Since: Mar 31, 2015
4 of 40

Wassim

If you can see that on your account you should contact Customer Support. There is probably an issue with your account.  

Community Guru
5 of 40

There isn't. I am only asking in advance to make sure that doesn't happen to me, and to better understand how to avoid it.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
6 of 40

Hi Wassim,

It's good if you have 0 next to Recent Account Holds. In this section of My Stats you would see policy violations or performance notifications you've received in the past 90 days. You can refer to this article for more information on what can lead to an account hold.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Aleksandra K Member Since: Mar 31, 2015
7 of 40

Wassim,

Sorry I seem to have missed the 0 point you were making Smiley Very Happy

Besides reading the article that Valeria has suggested you can also read some threads in this forum, as they can be very useful. The thing is that many freelancers break some of the rules out of ignorance and it causes a lot of stress and unnecessary account suspensions.

I hope your number  or recent account holds remains 0 forever Smiley Very Happy

Mah J Member Since: Mar 4, 2016
8 of 40

Hi,

previously, i have 0 on recent account holds but it  gets 2 now.How can i cope with all this matter.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
9 of 40

Hi Mah,

Account holds are possible Terms of Service violations that you have been notified about in the past 90 days. Please, refer to the support ticket for more information. After 90 days an accout hold will not count in My Stats anymore.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Catherina P Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
10 of 40

Hi Valeria, 

I just recently found out about the (1) account hold on my stats. How will this affect my account? I haven't violated any upwork rules in my knowing, but I had a client who's account was suspended. We already ended the contract and left feedback. Is that the reason of the account hold? Or are there any possible reasons? If it's because of my client's account issue, why is this taking against my account? 

I hope you can help clear this thing out. 

Thank you. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS