🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » What is The Point of Freelancer Plus?
Page options
taha-al-lawati
Community Member

What is The Point of Freelancer Plus?

On the previous Connects system, Freelancer Plus had a buy Connects feature and rollover feature that were not available of Freelancer Basic. To me, these two features were appealing in comparison with Freelancer Basic. But now these two features are available within Freelancer Basic Plan. So I don't see the point of having Freelancer Plus Plan. The extra 5 features of Freelancer Plus Plan for $14.99/Month is not worth it:

- 70 Connects/Month. You can buy the same amount of Connects under the Freelancer Basic Plan for $10.5.

- Your profile will never be set to hidden due to inactivity. Well, if you a frequent user, your profile will not be set to hidden anyway.

Setting to keep your earnings confidential. Unfortunately, clients still can see your earnings. If you want to hide your earnings from clients because you are planning to increase your rates, clients will know that.

View competitor bids for any job. Seeing a range of highest, average and lowest bid does not add much value in most cases. Most of the times, the lowest bid would be $3/hr for hourly jobs or $5 for fixed jobs. in some occasions, the highest bid is too high that you know it does not make since for the job. The average is well, just an average. Bidding a little bid lower or higher than the average won't increase your chances of winning projects.

- Customize your profile URL. Do clients care about your profile URL? I don't think so. The only care about completing their job.

Therefore, Upwork should either reduce the price of Freelancer Plus Plan or add more appealing features.

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Taha A wrote:

So I don't see the point of having Freelancer Plus Plan.

Don't have it, then.

I won't. But this post was for Upwork to consider their strategy regarding Freelancers Plus Plan.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Taha A wrote:

On the previous Connects system, Freelancer Plus had a buy Connects feature and rollover feature that were not available of Freelancer Basic. To me, these two features were appealing in comparison with Freelancer Basic. But now these two features are available within Freelancer Basic Plan. So I don't see the point of having Freelancer Plus Plan. The extra 5 features of Freelancer Plus Plan for $14.99/Month is not worth it:

- 70 Connects/Month. You can buy the same amount of Connects under the Freelancer Basic Plan for $10.5.

- Your profile will never be set to hidden due to inactivity. Well, if you a frequent user, your profile will not be set to hidden anyway.

Setting to keep your earnings confidential. Unfortunately, clients still can see your earnings. If you want to hide your earnings from clients because you are planning to increase your rates, clients will know that.

View competitor bids for any job. Seeing a range of highest, average and lowest bid does not add much value in most cases. Most of the times, the lowest bid would be $3/hr for hourly jobs or $5 for fixed jobs. in some occasions, the highest bid is too high that you know it does not make since for the job. The average is well, just an average. Bidding a little bid lower or higher than the average won't increase your chances of winning projects.

- Customize your profile URL. Do clients care about your profile URL? I don't think so. The only care about completing their job.

Therefore, Upwork should either reduce the price of Freelancer Plus Plan or add more appealing features.

I don't get it either, especially hiding the earnings I think is more detrimental than beneficial to the freelancer. 

hodgesh
Community Member

Some people care about knowing the high, low, and average bid.

The people who posted about wanting to keep their earnings private seemed more concerned with privacy than with enhancing their profiles.

The customized profile URL is probably most useful for attracting clients who are not on Upwork—on a resumé or LinkedIn profile, it looks neater and is easier to remember than the string of random numbers and letters that make up most profile URLs.

Upwork recently posted about an experimental new feature: highlighting Plus users in search results. I don't know whether that will still happen, but it might be something people are willing to pay for.

lysis10
Community Member

I was going to downgrade with the cost increase, but I see it as a convenience feature so I don't have to worry about connects. It's kinda a waste of money unless that featured freelancer thing in search is beneficial, but idk if it's still going on or if it helped me ever.

It's a tax writeoff, so whatever. I pay it. I like the rollover for connects. That's why I originally had it. Your profile also doesn't go private if you don't make money in a month.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths