🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » What is happening out there? | Invitation i...
Page options
bizwriterjohn
Community Member

What is happening out there? | Invitation inflow.

What is happening out there?  The invitation inflow has increased to levels I could not have possibly imagined.  Pre-COVID, I would receive, on average one invitation per week.  Maybe two at times.  For the past three weeks, I have received six in a week, then eight, and I am now up to seven this week already.

I had assumed that with a probable influx of freelancers and a reduction in posted jobs from the economic slow down we'd see a trimming down of invitations. Something is going on out there in prospective client-land. Maybe with everyone at home and prospective clients have decided it is time to address those long-considered communications strategy and IP projects. Who really knows. I don't. 

Anyone else getting slammed with invitations?

4 REPLIES 4
florydev
Community Member

I have received 1. But for me that is pretty good because I normally get 0.

My heart hopes you will soon receive two, then three, then four.

I earmark time every morning to scan for work, look for peach projects, and
submit proposals to key opportunities -- regardless of invitations.
Applying the hunter mindset during times of plenty ensures the hunter
instincts are still sharp and active when times of not-plenty comes. And
they will. We are what we practice to become. Practice daily being an
in-it-to-win-it competitor. Each time. Every time. All times..
researchediting
Community Member

Yes. Could be, in part, the rotation.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

A number of posts have been removed from this thread as they were off topic and inappropriate for this Community. Note that being disrespectful toward other members, personal attacks and interpersonal disputes aren't allowed. If you find any posts to be against the Community Guidelines, feel free to flag them for a moderator to review. 

Thank you. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members