cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is next?

Highlighted
Lizzeth B Member Since: Apr 26, 2016
1 of 6

Hi I have a situation, I accepted a contract for a logo design, the client was happy with the result and when I submited my work and ask for payment 5 days ago the client doesn't ask for changes or release the payment. He just said this "We have two other people who have presented logos that are more suitable. Could you give us your ideas for a web page. Thank you"The contract was for logo design not website design. What should I do?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
2 of 6

If the milestone is funded, it will be released after 14 days. And you may negotiate new milestone(s) for the website design if you're interested in the work.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
3 of 6

This is scope creep (worse). Was this a fixed-rate job with escrow funded?

(Edted: Sorry René, our posts crossed)

Highlighted
Lizzeth B Member Since: Apr 26, 2016
4 of 6

Yes, this job is a fixed-rate and the escrow is funded

Highlighted
Community Leader
Samantha L Member Since: Jan 3, 2016
5 of 6

I would politely say that once they have paid you (released the money) for the work already completed and submitted, they can set up a new milestone/milestones for the additional work.  It sounds to me that they are trying to trick you into doing free work. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
BEST ANSWER
6 of 6

@Lizzeth B wrote:

Hi I have a situation, I accepted a contract for a logo design, the client was happy with the result and when I submited my work and ask for payment 5 days ago the client doesn't ask for changes or release the payment. He just said this "We have two other people who have presented logos that are more suitable. Could you give us your ideas for a web page. Thank you"The contract was for logo design not website design. What should I do?

Lizzeth B, I would not recommend continuing with this client. If this client has decided on someone else for the logo, why is he/she asking for your advice on the website?

If you have requested release on the escrow, I would leave it at that and wait out the fourteen days. It is possible that your client will dispute. So be prepared and just remember, if you refund, this does not mean that your client cannot still leave poor feedback. So grab the money and run.

View solution in original post

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS