Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is "Auto Check-ins"?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
121 of 140

Slavko A wrote:

then contract get close by UpWork without negative impact on JSS.

Again... Closing contracts yourself doesn't hurt your JSS.

Kayla B wrote:
Will it be automatically turned on, or automatically turned off. What is
the default state if a client does not touch the setting?

It seems to be off by default. Otherwise I'd have had them from long dormant contracts.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Kayla B Member Since: May 12, 2017
122 of 140

I'd say it's about 30-40% of contracts that just disappear never to come back. They are happy, the job is done, so they stop coming to the website.  Anytime I close one on the next score date it goes down by 1-2%, so I'm pretty sure it DOES effect it.

As for the auto-turn on, I know from the client side for EXISTING contracts it wasn't automatically turned on (it kept trying to ask me to, the pop-up happened 5 times before it stopped!). But I'm wondering for new contracts if they are going to automatically turn it on. 

I haven't started a new contract as a client or a freelancer since the new "feature"

Highlighted
Community Leader
Slavko A Member Since: Sep 5, 2019
123 of 140

Petra R wrote:

Slavko A wrote:

How this can be possible closing contract without feedback , have no impact on JSS?

Highlighted
Community Guru
124 of 140

Slavko A wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Slavko A wrote:

How this can be possible closing contract without feedback , have no impact on JSS?

As long as money has been paid it doesn't, provided you don't close loads at once or have an insane percentage of such contracts. There are people with 100% JSS and way over half having no feedback.

I've never had my JSS drop when closing a contract either.

do not affect.png

Highlighted
Community Guru
Sarah B Member Since: Dec 15, 2017
125 of 140

Petra, what would be a job that lacked earnings but had a positive outcome? A client no longer needing the work done?

Highlighted
Community Guru
126 of 140

Sarah B wrote:

Petra, what would be a job that lacked earnings but had a positive outcome?

A contract closed by the client with positive private feedback. Changes of contract type, a mistake made while hiring and not caught before accepting etc.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Slavko A Member Since: Sep 5, 2019
127 of 140

Thank you ,I was misinformed about this.Screenshot_2020-10-04 Job Success Score.png

Highlighted
Community Guru
Miriam H Member Since: May 16, 2017
128 of 140

Excellent feedback from professional freelancers, too many to quote.

I've observed some other random features and changes. I can see Upwork is making an effort, to "improve" the platform for freelancers and clients, I'm just not sure where the strategy or direction is coming from. Obviously I have no direct access to the data, only my experience and what I read on this forum. It would appear in Upworks' best interest to rid itself of freelancers who perform poorly (and I see they are trying - but as others have said, DO NOT LET THEM ON IN THE FIRST PLACE) and clients seeking very low $$ work. 

The bottom line for me - is Upwork needs to decide what its core function is:

1) Lead generation site for freelancers

2) "Labor" sourcing for clients

3) "Labor" management for clients

4) Escrow payment company for both?

It's quite to easy to see how Upwork is where it is, and I am grateful to have located the site and some amazing clients.  But it's time for Upwork to "pick a lane."  Since Covid, I see remote work becoming more the norm and a real move toward project work (my preception, nothing to back it up). I, for one, would prefer to see Upwork reconfigure toward a high end service for freelancers and clients who DO NOT REQUIRE a "Friday nanny" to check work status. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
129 of 140

Slavko A wrote:

Wait if this auto cheek-in thing works , then we need a option of auto close contract, if client do not answer question why contract is still open in 7 days , then contract get close by UpWork without negative impact on JSS.

What you think about this?

No, bad idea.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Wes C Member Since: May 3, 2019
130 of 140

Slavko A wrote:

Wait if this auto cheek-in thing works , then we need a option of auto close contract, if client do not answer question why contract is still open in 7 days , then contract get close by UpWork without negative impact on JSS.

What you think about this?

No no no no no. I, and I'm sure many others here, have contracts that are open for a very long time with sporadic work. We don't need weekly prompts asking if it should stay open, just like we don't need weekly prompts asking how it's going. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS