cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is stopping you from doing your job?

Community Guru
Tamaz J Member Since: Nov 4, 2014
21 of 27

"Nothing makes engineer more productive than a last minute... "

You're not alone - I'm with you guys!

Smiley Very Happy  Smiley Very Happy

Community Guru
MERCY N Member Since: May 6, 2015
22 of 27

There must be some science - both physical and psychological - behind this tendency most of us seem to have developed. I don't consider it a disorder, though. Whatever it takes to get things done, fine. You are all meeting deadlines and with good quality work, aren't you? Sorry, Wassim, if your 'rushing' is tantamount to shoddy work...

I've stopped trying to be conventional coz I've also realized I'm more focused under pressure. So I kill myself with 12-16 hour days till my stack of work is done, and that work is so good I could swear I never saw it before when I get back to it weeks down the line. Of course at the time of doing it I'm just praying it touches the standards.

What then happens after a week of  working abnormality? I immediately embark on a 48-72 hour period of resting abnormality - sleeping myself into a coma (like Patrick P) followed by a full time movie session, full day sometimes. I'd like to say I go out for walks but it's a shame I don't. But I make a conscious effort to take full days off and go out once in a while with or without a  strict plan or itinerary.

So Wassim, instead of staring at the computer with a blank as you do, I watch movies and sleep. And now this 'dreaded' forum I joined almost 2mths ago! It's slowly becoming a substitute for my movie watching. The point is, once you plan how to 'waste time', after your set period of 'time wasting', a force within you says, Shame on you - you haven't worked for 3days! Get up and...! And you begin to work again with gusto.

Of course my routine is nowhere near perfect I could easily turn yellow were it not for my natural complexion... lol! I paid for 1mth at the gym 2yrs ago and ended up attending only once (1day) despite enjoying myself on that particular day. My new sports shoes are still there (I think)

Mark Anthony D. C Member Since: Dec 31, 2014
23 of 27

I feel the same way as you are,, and also wondering what happened to myself :/

I'm always available for work,

I do graphic works, manga/comic, illustrations,
animations, etc.
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
24 of 27
The grocery bags under the sink waiting to be used as trash can liners have never been so organized.

#MustBeOnDeadline
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
25 of 27

Douglas, do you ever decide some days to go all crazy and throw your laundry on the floor and just leave your shoes wherever in the house? This is very relevant to my interests.

Some days, when I'm feeling especially crazy, I park in the fire lane to get my chinese food. One day, I will get my car jacked, but until that day comes, I feel like I'm batman breakin the law and eatin chinese food. NO REGRATS

Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
26 of 27

Jen, you really wouldn't want to know the depths I reach when I'm in full-blown entropy mode.

On the other hand (sic), I have practically no feeling in my feet, so random objects on the floor really don't cut it. At a minimum, I need a clearly defined path.

Best,

Michael

Ace Contributor
Michael P Member Since: Jun 1, 2015
27 of 27

Windows updates. And clients who send an impromptu website revision (which totally crashes my flow).

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS