🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » What is the best answer?
Page options
amarmababa
Community Member

What is the best answer?

In many job post client ask a question,"Why do you think you would be a good fit for this position?"

This question makes me most confuse to answer. Can anyone suggest me or what is your own opinion for such type of question?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Md Nasmul I.,

Every proposal you provide to a potential new client should answer this question without the client specifically asking it. How do your education, training and experience combine to make you the Upwork freelancer who provides the client with the best value-for-money completing the work they need done?

If your search for new projects is highly focused, your answer to this question should be pretty much the same from proposal to proposal, so it's worth your while creating a great response that needs little, if any, change from project to project.

On the other hand, if you're not sure why you are the best fit for a project, then the prospective client is not likely to know either. 

Good luck!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Md Nazmul I wrote:

In many job post client ask a question,"Why do you think you would be a good fit for this position?"

This question makes me most confuse to answer. Can anyone suggest me or what is your own opinion for such type of question?

What confuses you? You tell the client why your specific skills make you a good candidate to hire. Basically, answer the question. It's not exactly rocket science?

Personally I don't bother with job posts that have those questions unless the contract is very big.I find them tedious and time-wasting to answer.

kinector
Community Member

Describe what you can do for the client as well as you can. That's the point.

It's the default question, so most likely the client is either new to Upwork or doesn't know what to ask. Keep that in mind when answering.

I am impresed.

Personally I don't bother with job posts that have those questions unless the contract is very big.I find them tedious and time-wasting to answer.

Dear Petra R Thank you for your wonderfull openion.

What confuses you?

This question make me confused because most of the time I describe myself, how to complete the project and how can I effort and support to make the project or job success at my proposal. When I see this question again that confuse me.
By the way, thaks a lot.

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Md Nasmul I.,

Every proposal you provide to a potential new client should answer this question without the client specifically asking it. How do your education, training and experience combine to make you the Upwork freelancer who provides the client with the best value-for-money completing the work they need done?

If your search for new projects is highly focused, your answer to this question should be pretty much the same from proposal to proposal, so it's worth your while creating a great response that needs little, if any, change from project to project.

On the other hand, if you're not sure why you are the best fit for a project, then the prospective client is not likely to know either. 

Good luck!

Dear Will L,

Thank you by helping me understand.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members