cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best course of action

Ace Contributor
Jonathan P Member Since: Jun 28, 2015
1 of 7

So I have a few clients that have been inactive for a little bit. I have sent them a message asking about the status of their projects. What I am wondering, if you have say three clients that have stopped responding, and you end all three contracts with the job is complete. How does it effect your score to end a contract without a rating or response from them? Also would having three finished jobs on your profile with no feedback give potential clients a bad impression of you when they look at your profile?

I would like to clear up the inactive jobs but I am worried about the negative conseqences it would have on both the look of my profile and the rating of my profile.

Asad J Member Since: Aug 1, 2015
2 of 7

How do you think it is going to effect your profile in the long run? and if you are fearing the short term losses than be brave and jump through it.

Saad H Member Since: Aug 1, 2015
3 of 7

Yeh - I think I have run into a similar situation and technically you don't have an option as your profile would look bad if it has a bunch of open jobs.

Close the jobs (even if the client doesn't reply) and just look forward as with all things in life Smiley Happy

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
4 of 7

Worst advice ever !! 

Do that and your job success is going to go down. You will be punished. 

Follow what Stephen said below and you'll be ok.

Ace Contributor
Jonathan P Member Since: Jun 28, 2015
5 of 7

The part that I am worried about has less to do with my job score and more about how my profile is going to look if there is a grouping of jobs that the cient hasn't left any feed back on. Wouldn't say having 4 gigs right in a row with no feed back on them ended up throwing off the profesional look to my profile.

Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
6 of 7

Upwork unilaterally imposed this on freelancers a couple of weeks ago and closed dormant fixed-price contracts, only announcing it after the event (true to form). In my case, I suddenly had six no-feedback jobs listed in my history (despite trying to manage to avoid that as best I could over the previous year or so).. I've since finished a couple more jobs so it's slowly beginning to look better, and my JS took a hit of 1%  (BUT I have 300 jobs...).

I suggest trying to get one closed for every few good  jobs that you finish, but don't let it get to a stage where there are too many backing up; because that also looks bad on your profile ("20 jobs in progress - how's he got the time to do mine?"

Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
7 of 7

Just get the money and drive on. The rest of it is meh.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS