🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » What is the best option to deal with inactive...
Page options
jrdave
Community Member

What is the best option to deal with inactive hourly based contract?

I have a one Contract in progress but after doing work on somedays client is not giving me reply, so the contract don't have any activity from 4 days.

Here I would like to know that , if this contract don't have any activity then will it affect to my JSS or something? I'm much worried about it.
If it will affect my JSS then I can also ready to give refund.

If it affect JSS then what would be the best solution, I have tried all possible ways to reach out client.

Can I close the contract or remain that open?

It's hourly based contract.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
alexandernovikov
Community Member

Keep it open, i have about 20 of these over the 10+ years, they disappear and never return, some has been this way for 5-7 years. It's just the nature of clients - their focus is short and they switch to the next toy easily simply forgetting of the previous one.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
petra_r
Community Member

Jaimin D wrote:
I have a one Contract in progress but after doing work on somedays client is not giving me reply, so the contract don't have any activity from 4 days.

4 days is nothing.

Jaimin D wrote:
Here I would like to know that , if this contract don't have any activity then will it affect to my JSS or something? I'm much worried about it.

Do absolutely nothing. There is nothing to worry about! You used the the tracker to track the time you worked, right?

Jaimin D wrote:
Can I close the contract

Why would you do such a thing?

Jaimin D wrote:
I have tried all possible ways to reach out client.

Leave the client the hell alone. Why are you harassing the client after 4 days? Do you want to be reported for harassment?

jrdave
Community Member

Thanks for your message.

I just did one message to follow up, nothing else and will never do that kind of harrassment.

Here I would like to know that if client will never answer me then what would be the best solution to deal with this contract?

Do I need to close contract? Or
Do I need to refund his money, as there are not much earning I earned from them? Or
Just Do nothing? .. just would like to know if I will do nothing with this idle contract and will not get any reply from client in future, does it affect my JSS or something
petra_r
Community Member

Jaimin D wrote:
Here I would like to know that if client will never answer me then what would be the best solution to deal with this contract?

If the client never appears again, you can close the contract or leave it open. You will have earned money from it, so it won't hurt either way, provided you don't have a huge number of such contracts.

Jaimin D wrote:r
Do I need to refund his money, as there are not much earning I earned from them? 

Why in the world would you want to do that? That would create a "nothing paid" contract, which WOULD hurt your JSS.

lysis10
Community Member

I save my hourlies for when I get bad feedback to push it down the page. I *am* however getting asked if I'm too busy so I need to close some so I guess having too many might scare some people away.

jrdave
Community Member

You mean, To close contract is best option?
If I will close it, will it affect my JSS?
lysis10
Community Member

Jaimin D wrote:
You mean, To close contract is best option?
If I will close it, will it affect my JSS?

Once you hit Accept on an offer, it affects your JSS. Click wisely.

jrdave
Community Member

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/JSS-close-contract-or-no-activity/td-p/539568

This article tells that, has anything paid in a contract will not affect jss, it will only affect if it's not paid so I think I don't need to do anything.

What you suggest.
Sorry my english is not much good, I didn't get you in previous message.

Please advice me in a right direction
alexandernovikov
Community Member

Keep it open, i have about 20 of these over the 10+ years, they disappear and never return, some has been this way for 5-7 years. It's just the nature of clients - their focus is short and they switch to the next toy easily simply forgetting of the previous one.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members