Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best plagiarism checker

mickenpa
Ace Contributor
Michele P Member Since: Mar 2, 2016
1 of 27

I need to get a plagiarism checker

What is the best most comprehensive one out there?

I am looking for the checker that has the best results and one that will explain the sentence or group of words it sees as duplicates

I don't mind paying a fee for it but want it to be worth the cost and return good results

Thanks in advance

This widget could not be displayed.
2 of 27
This widget could not be displayed.

@Michele P wrote:

I need to get a plagiarism checker

What is the best most comprehensive one out there?

I am looking for the checker that has the best results and one that will explain the sentence or group of words it sees as duplicates

I don't mind paying a fee for it but want it to be worth the cost and return good results

Thanks in advance

A good plagiarism checker is

https://www.grammarly.com/plagiarism-checker

You should compare with others. Those who provide 100% original content do not need a plagiarism checker. However, many of the low-paid job offers on Upwork demand rewriting existing content.

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
3 of 27

I use Grammarly. I am not a cheap rewriter. 

prospect39
Community Leader
Peter G Member Since: Aug 1, 2015
4 of 27

@Michele - Why do you need a plagiarism checker?

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
5 of 27

@Peter G wrote:

@Michele - Why do you need a plagiarism checker?

I just stole a contract from a cheap $20/hour writer who decided to "rewrite" official Netgear documentation. Jesus these people are losers.

These "writers" have no idea what it means to write. I've never needed a plagiarism checker because DUH I write my own content and don't just take sentences and replace words. It's amazing how many "writers" in this place do it. 

screeler
Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
6 of 27

@Jennifer M wrote:

I just stole a contract from a cheap $20/hour writer ............................

Unfortunately, I'm not in the upper echelons of the writing clique yet so  my current 'cheap' rate is $20.20 an hour (without Upwork's fee). Or do I escape the loser 'cheap' cuz of the extra 20 cents? Woman Tongue

lysis10
Community Guru
7 of 27

$20/hour is cheap for an expert. Up your rates if you're an expert. If not, I'ma pirate the booty from you. Smiley Happy

screeler
Community Guru
8 of 27

@Jennifer M wrote:

$20/hour is cheap for an expert. Up your rates if you're an expert. If not, I'ma pirate the booty from you. Smiley Happy

I will be upping my rates, thanks..

but if someone gets a job over me, I don't care anymore , cuz something better will come along eventually. I'm not hurtin' for money. Besides, I believe we're in different niches so it won't apply to me. 

You were talking about writers that didn't provide original work and still charged 20 an hour. I"m thinking that's why you called them cheap.

But the way it read, you were lumping all people who work for that rate into the same category - cheap. That's not fair at all. 

lysis10
Community Guru
9 of 27

$20/hour is cheap to me. This is why I went to college and learned a trade. I never want to be in that place again. Haven't been there since 20.

I've been ambitious since I was like 10 what can I say.

screeler
Community Guru
10 of 27

@Jennifer M wrote:

$20/hour is cheap to me. This is why I went to college and learned a trade. I never want to be in that place again. Haven't been there since 20.

I've been ambitious since I was like 10 what can I say.

ya i imagine it would look cheap to you. 

You have more experience in your niche than many other people might. So you should charge a good price for your work. Why not? You didn't start off at that price though. So you raised your rates accordingly. Other people do that tpo.. well, not all people, but many do. 

That's great you went to college and got somewhere with your degree. Many people haven't gotten a good job with theirs. 

Like I said.

Everyone has to start somewhere and it's their business to run, so they charge what they think is fair and what they can live on until they raise rates again. 

And like I said,

I'm not hurtin' for money so I"m not rushing to raise my rates every few months - but I do up my rate.

Unfortunately, as I raise it, yours might raise,  so even if I get to $65 an hour, you'll most likely be at $100 an hour, and you'll STILL call me cheap! Can't win for losin'! lol. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS