🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: What is the deal with students flat out a...
Page options
69121f59
Community Member

What is the deal with students flat out asking to take exams for them?

Any why is this allowed on this platform?

It must be finals time at universities. I have been seeing many "jobs" posted by students flat out asking to take exams for them. One even had to audacity to say (I am paraphrasing) "don't even bother applying for this offer unless you are an expert. I need a full score on this exam"!

I might undestand asking for help with homeworks, but taking an exam for them... This is clear-cut unethical and it should not be allowed on Upwork.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bora,

Requesting the creation of content that violates academic integrity and academic policies of any educational institution are prohibited on Upwork. For more information please refer to article 4.1. Prohibited Site Uses of Upwork TOS. 

If you do see this kind of job posts, or if a client offers you a job that you suspect is a case of academic integrity, please report it using the flagging option found on every job post so that our team can review and take appropriate actions. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
a_lipsey
Community Member

Bora E wrote:

Any why is this allowed on this platform?

It must be finals time at universities. I have been seeing many "jobs" posted by students flat out asking to take exams for them. One even had to audacity to say (I am paraphrasing) "don't even bother applying for this offer unless you are an expert. I need a full score on this exam"!

I might undestand asking for help with homeworks, but taking an exam for them... This is clear-cut unethical and it should not be allowed on Upwork.

Ethical freelancers like you and me and others have been asking Upwork to do more T&S work around this for a long time. I just flagged a job where the student uploaded the final assignment prompt, which clearly listed it as a final exam. If Upwork didn't let so many people get away with this activity, then "clients"/ students wouldn't think they could so easily get away with it. As it is I can do a search and find top rated freelancers who have built careers doing homework and final exams. 

petra_r
Community Member

Bora E wrote:

This is clear-cut unethical and it should not be allowed on Upwork.

It isn't allowed and if reported, somethin is mostly done. Unfortunately not always.

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bora,

Requesting the creation of content that violates academic integrity and academic policies of any educational institution are prohibited on Upwork. For more information please refer to article 4.1. Prohibited Site Uses of Upwork TOS. 

If you do see this kind of job posts, or if a client offers you a job that you suspect is a case of academic integrity, please report it using the flagging option found on every job post so that our team can review and take appropriate actions. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths