🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: What is the percentage of Upwork jobs tha...
Page options
alexandernovikov
Community Member

What is the percentage of Upwork jobs that ever get filled?

I.e. not expired or cancelled by client? Is there an official statistic on it?

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Alexander N wrote:

I.e. not expired or cancelled by client? Is there an official statistic on it?

I am sure there is.

I am equally sure it will never be made public.

From my own history of proposals (as freelancer/agency) it seems to be about 20% which sounds reasonable. As a client on the other hand, have myself posted 49 projects and hired only on 17 - for the rest there wasn't a single capable applicant on only super-overpriced ones. So 35% and i always posted with definite intention to hire, and only on Upwork (out of freelancer sites that is, ofc i also used my own network). If someone has profiles on several freelancer sites to source people, 20% hire rate sounds like reasonable and not something Upwork needs to hide.

I was curious, and so I checked my own numbers as a client...

It says I have 100% hiring rate, but if I remember correctly, there were a couple of writing jobs that I posted and never had a workable applicant for. I'm not sure if this number is completely accurate. But I have hired freelancers for MOST jobs that I posted.

Screen Shot 2019-03-16 at 12.47.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-16 at 12.48.06 PM.png

Of course I don't think that this reflects the overall Upwork hiring rate.

I think the question is - in one sense - not relevant - because every freelancer works in specific job niches. So the important question is what is the hiring rate within a particular job skill niche and pay level.

I didn't check 'hiring rate', instead actually counted my job posts and number of applicants. Yes hiring rate is wrongly calculated, i already reported this issue to Upwork support today.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members