cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the percentage of Upwork jobs that ever get filled?

Community Guru
Alexander N Member Since: Dec 28, 2008
1 of 5

I.e. not expired or cancelled by client? Is there an official statistic on it?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 5

Alexander N wrote:

I.e. not expired or cancelled by client? Is there an official statistic on it?

I am sure there is.

I am equally sure it will never be made public.

Community Guru
3 of 5

From my own history of proposals (as freelancer/agency) it seems to be about 20% which sounds reasonable. As a client on the other hand, have myself posted 49 projects and hired only on 17 - for the rest there wasn't a single capable applicant on only super-overpriced ones. So 35% and i always posted with definite intention to hire, and only on Upwork (out of freelancer sites that is, ofc i also used my own network). If someone has profiles on several freelancer sites to source people, 20% hire rate sounds like reasonable and not something Upwork needs to hide.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 5

I was curious, and so I checked my own numbers as a client...

It says I have 100% hiring rate, but if I remember correctly, there were a couple of writing jobs that I posted and never had a workable applicant for. I'm not sure if this number is completely accurate. But I have hired freelancers for MOST jobs that I posted.

Screen Shot 2019-03-16 at 12.47.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-16 at 12.48.06 PM.png

Of course I don't think that this reflects the overall Upwork hiring rate.

I think the question is - in one sense - not relevant - because every freelancer works in specific job niches. So the important question is what is the hiring rate within a particular job skill niche and pay level.

Community Guru
5 of 5

I didn't check 'hiring rate', instead actually counted my job posts and number of applicants. Yes hiring rate is wrongly calculated, i already reported this issue to Upwork support today.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS