🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » What is the perfect time to send proposal ?
Page options
youngheart12
Community Member

What is the perfect time to send proposal ?

Open-ended question, while sending a proposal I always wonder what is the right time to send the proposal to the client should I send it immediately in a rush when it just got posted a few mins ago or should I also submit for proposal which has been posted a day ago or max 2 days ago. What you think about this, what experience you guys had lets discuss that.

4 REPLIES 4
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Since Upwork's algorithms rank all proposals based on the algorithms' calculations, regardless when each proposal is submitted, there is little reason to worry more about when to submit a proposal versus worrying about crafting the right proposal for each new job you're interested in.

luce-neidert
Community Member

To me, there is no real rule.

Usually, a small job will not be available for long, so it's worth applying right away. However, I find that larger, more "complicated" jobs, usually coming from bigger companies, stay open for a few days and even weeks. For those jobs, it's worth taking the time to prepare a carefully written proposition. And once the offer has been sent, don't be surprised if you only receive an answer a couple of weeks later!

melaniekhenson
Community Member

12:01 AM! Just kidding. IMO, send it as soon as you see the project. I say this as a Freelancer who is also a Client: After the first ten or fifteen proposals, no matter how stellar the rest are, if I've found the one, I've found the one.

lysis10
Community Member

I don't think there is a better time, but I think you have a higher chance of being outbid on boosting if you bid early. But if you get seen and get outbid, then that's the perfect scenario.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members