cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the process for moving from the USA to another country?

davidherron
David H Member Since: Jul 23, 2018
1 of 2

I am considering relocating from the USA to another country.  It will help in getting residency to have a business HQ'd in that country, so changing my Upwork account to the new country would fit with that goal.

It looks like ---

• Change my address in the Upwork account
  • Set up a business in the new country
  • Set up banking in the new country
  • Inform Upwork about the details

At the moment I have not definitively decided to take this step.  I'm looking for information about what's involved.

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
2 of 2

@David H wrote:

I am considering relocating from the USA to another country.  It will help in getting residency to have a business HQ'd in that country, so changing my Upwork account to the new country would fit with that goal.

It looks like ---

• Change my address in the Upwork account
  • Set up a business in the new country
  • Set up banking in the new country
  • Inform Upwork about the details

At the moment I have not definitively decided to take this step.  I'm looking for information about what's involved.

It depends on the country you are moving to. As far as Upwork is concerned, what counts is where you are at the moment. Setting up a bank account/business etc. in another country requires a lot of form-filling and red tape. You would inform Upwork when you have actually moved and are resident in your new country. Upwork doesn't care if you are merely thinking of it. 

If you are thinking about falsifying your location - don't.   

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS