🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » What is the reason for getting lower JSS?
Page options
hurieva_iryna
Community Member

What is the reason for getting lower JSS?

Hi there!
I got my JSS 100%, but after two weeks(yesterday) it has fallen to 86%, but "clients who recommend you" is still 100%, here's the screenshot.

http://prntscr.com/n5z1f5

All my publick feedbacks are positive and all with 5 stars.

What could be the reason for lowing and could it be changed?

Would be happy to hear any ideas and suggestions 🙂

Regards,

Iryna

11 REPLIES 11
luce-neidert
Community Member

Good question! As you must know by now, the factors that make a JSS go down are not clear.

My JSS went from 97 to 93% at one time, and the only reason I could see is that someone had sent me a contract I never accepted nor declined. 

The best thing to do is not to give it too many attention, and continue doing your best to do a good job.

petra_r
Community Member

Iryna H wrote:

I got my JSS 100%, but after two weeks(yesterday) it has fallen to 86%, but "clients who recommend you" is still 100%,

All my publick feedbacks are positive and all with 5 stars.

What could be the reason for lowing and could it be changed?

Public feedback is only a small part, private feedback counts far more heavily!

The "clients who would recommend" metric updates only after several contracts, so you could still have had poor private feedback in the last two weeks.

Also, do you have any contracts that ended without anything ever having been paid or have been open for 2-3 months and nothing was ever paid?

No, all my contacts are paid usually no longer than in one month.

I read all the articles that include reasons for falling JSS, and I don't meet any of those points.

That's strange.

As I know from practice of other freelancers, "clients who recommend you" automatically falls in 1-2 days after getting something bad in private feedback.

Iryna H wrote:

As I know from practice of other freelancers, "clients who recommend you" automatically falls in 1-2 days after getting something bad in private feedback.

Upwork changed the calculation window to keep freelancers from being able to identify the client responsible for the drop. 

dzadza
Community Member

I'm wondering how is it possible that the clients who would recommend you percentage doesn't change ever? I mean literally - ever.  When the stats were introduced, it was 91%. God knows how many  jobs later - it's still 91%. It never, ever changed...

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sanja, 

I'll go ahead and share this with the team so that they can check if there is an issue with your "Clients who would recommend you" percentage. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Iryna H wrote:

You know wrong.

Here nobdy knows what's correct, as I see.Any wish to continue working on this platform, any support for freelancers with this score.

It really is not that complicated.

Unless you have any unpaid contracts (open for months or closed) one or more contracts that ended between the time you had 100% and when it dipped came with poor private feedback.

Iryna H wrote:

Any wish to continue working on this platform, any support for freelancers with this score.

It is not a disastrous score, and because you had so few contracts overall, it'll only take a few good outcomes to get you into the 90+ % range again.

Iryna H wrote:

Here nobdy knows what's correct, as I see.Any wish to continue working on this platform, any support for freelancers with this score.

Exactly what I told you. Upwork keeps the secrets behind JSS as opaque as possible. Avery is the only person who answered you that works for Upwork and may know a little more than the usual freelancer.

Your profile is good, with lots of decent feedback, so you shouldn't worry about your JSS, it's not going to be such a problem for the future, and it shouldn't stay low long. Many clients don't even know that JSSs exist and won't pay attention.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths