cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is up with this message?

Ace Contributor
Greg W Member Since: Nov 29, 2015
1 of 11

Is this the result of yet another bug within the Upwork platform?  Why...Why..oh why?

Capture - 160419.PNG

When I click Yes... then the entire Upwork site appears as what looks like an iframe within the messages box?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 11

Hi Greg,

Are you trying to access a message from an email notification? Could you please send me a private message with a link to the room you are trying to access and some details about the contract or client this room belongs to? We'll look into this issue further.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Greg W Member Since: Nov 29, 2015
3 of 11

Honestly...I closed my browser and can't remember what screen I was on.  I usually end up fumbling my way through the interface so do not remember where I was at when I got that message.  If I notice it again I will send your way.

On another note, still message related.. Another Bug

Capture - 160419B.PNG

This one is from "My Jobs" ...I then click on Send Message and what you see above is what I get.  

Why do I always encounter issues when I use the site?  Are we still in beta?  Just curious?  

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
4 of 11

Been having issues sending a proposal. For me, it's some kind of caching or cookie issue. Open an incognito window and try that. That's what works for me.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
5 of 11

Hi Greg, 

We apologise for the inconvenience. Our engineers are aware of the bug and are working to find a resolution to the issue. We will update you once we hear feedback from the team. 

Thank you for your understanding!

-Avery
Untitled
Wendy H Member Since: Feb 24, 2016
6 of 11

hi  Avery,

I'm having a similar problem with my third invitation in 24 hours! I can't afford to lose 3 jobs in 24 hours - can you escalate my help desk email?

I am unable to sit on chat support right now due to other deadlines. I'm very concerned about MY lack of being able to respond to Upwork invitations as it makes me look bad, and as I said, I'm losing work.

I've attached the message, but I also received one earlier (same invitation) that said "oops, can't retrieve fee information" or something similar.

Thank you!

Wendy

Community Guru
Olga Q Member Since: Sep 5, 2012
7 of 11

I too got the "This is not an invitation" yesterday, and thought that there was a problem with submitting the proposal/accept the invitation, but them I checked with another browser and saw that the proposal had been sent.

8 of 11

Hi Greg, 

The issue should be fixed now. Please let us know if you see the error again so that we can report it to the team. I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

-Avery
Untitled
9 of 11

Hi Wendy, 

I can see that you already have an open ticket with support both via chat and email. May I request that you only update your current email ticket instead for further issues or follow ups so that the support team can reply back to you on the same ticket and assist you efficiently and effectively. 

Anyway, the issue is a known bug and the team is currently working on it to resolve the issue. I will update this thread if I receive updates from the team. 

Thank you for your patience and I am very sorry for the inconvenience.

-Avery
Untitled
Community Leader
Marianne M Member Since: Mar 22, 2016
10 of 11

Greg, that's the same thing that's been happening to me. 2 jobs out there waiting for me to complete and I can't get in touch with anyone.

Grrr...........

M~~

“Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.”
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS