cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is wrong with my Upwork time tracker app?

satyasivani
Satya Sivani K Member Since: Mar 1, 2015
1 of 3

Hi,

I have started using the time tracking app about a month ago. Since then I am facing a lot of issues with it. Initially, it started hanging my laptop once in a day. I uninstalled the app, reinstalled it again and tried. still no use. Gradually, this hanging problem increased. I am facing this situation only when the tracker is running. I haven't installed any other apps, except for a VPN and Audacity, after starting the usage of the tracker app. After working for an hour, it used to go into hanging state and take more 20 to 40 mins to recover from it.  For it to recover, I have to restart it. Before realising that the app stopped working, I use to work for 10 to 20 mins thinking that app is taking screenshots and doing its work in the background silently. I used to realise that it stopped working only when my system got hanged. By then, 10 to 20 mins of working time used to pass untracked. All last week, the system used to go into hanging state for every hour or 2 hours.  

Upwork 2.png

(Please notice the date and time in the pictures) 

Upwork 3.png

Only yesterday, I uninstalled the app in my system, downloaded the latest version and installed again. After that also, it was having this Hanging issues. 

Today, the app isn't even opening at all (below pictures). But the task manager is showing that the app is running. 

Upwrok 4.png

Upwork 5.png

What is the problem? What should I do? Please help.

Sivani
g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2 of 3

Hi Satya,

I will escalate this to our technical support and one of our team members will contact you directly on what steps you should take to resolve this. If you need further help let me know, everything else regarding the app problem please address to the ticket that will be created, so that our technical support can answer faster.

~ Goran
Upwork
satyasivani
Satya Sivani K Member Since: Mar 1, 2015
3 of 3

Thank you so much for such a quick and helpful response.

Have a great daySmiley Happy

Sivani
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS